PDA

View Full Version : Good Site To Find

belonosox
11-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Been into the tropical fish hobby for close to fifty years, remember the metal frame tanks with slate bottoms?, that you wished like heck wouldn't leak when you got them home. Metaframe stainless steel frames were an improvement. Just moved back to NY from Florida so it is fish tank buying time again. I am looking to set up a tank specifically for Discus. Have kept a few in the past including a single female given to me by an aquaitance, which would lay eggs every few weeks. I'm into somewhat oddball stuff like Pike Livebearers, Leaf fish, Banjo catfish, African Butterfly fish, lung fish etc. In general it seems that the individual fish shops have been replaced by the large chains which offer little in the way of anything unusual. Saw some Discus in a shop recently which were on their sides and looking like they were on there way to the other side. The manager didn't give a dam when I pointed out what they needed. Will be buying Discus from local breeders. On the other hand am simply overwhelmed today by what is available in terms of supplies and equipment. Good to be on board.