PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Meeting was Great!

Harriett
11-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Larry and I just wanted to belatedly thank all the folks that attended the meeting we held in Chgo just as Simply was going down for the 3 week reconstruction.
We had close to 20 people, some of whom traveled between 1-2 hours to reach us, talking for several hours, trading stories, resources, techniques, fish, plants, you name it. Special thanks to Bill Eagan for schlepping down fish and supplies for his eager customers! After the meeting a bunch of us went over to my place for a while to fish gaze and then some of us went out for pizza. All in all I think it was a very positive event--we put names with the faces, some newbies got to meet and pick the brains of the more experienced hobbyists, many of us also bought some great plants and fish from the fish shop, and some nice personal connections were made between people. We have gotten a lot of good feedback asking that we have these get togethers as a regular event maybe 3 x yr.--and we would like to do so! We are going to plan the next one at the same shop, Old Orchard Aquarium, sometime in March and will announce the details a few weeks ahead with the date. For those of you who joined us, each and every one of you helped make it a wonderful evening and we thank you for coming out, and for those of you unable to come (like Randal!) we are hoping you will be with us next time!
If you would like to put yourselves on a mailing list for notification, please send either Larry or myself your email addresses; we meant to pass a sheet around at the meeting and forgot to! Thanks!
Very best regards to all,
Harriett and Larry

Squiggy
11-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Twas fun! :D

This time, lets go out for some weasle crappacino afterwards...;)

Joe

steve.ryall
11-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Sorry I missed it guys :(

Steve

billeagan
11-27-2006, 04:24 PM
It was definitely fun! I need to find where I put the number to find out how much we benefitted simply!

Bill

lhforbes12
11-27-2006, 04:27 PM

Steve

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::fwap::::::::::::::::::: :::::

Harriett
11-27-2006, 04:46 PM

Steve

what...you couldn't make more of an effort for your friends?
ok, ok...circumstance beyond your control, the ticket, the 8 hour flight.....we would have loved to see you, Steve!
Harriett

billeagan
11-27-2006, 06:02 PM
what...you couldn't make more of an effort for your friends?
ok, ok...circumstance beyond your control, the ticket, the 8 hour flight.....we would have loved to see you, Steve!
Harriett

But, he picks up 8 hours on the way over here and has a huge currency advantage - think of all the fish Steve could have bought =)

White Worm
11-27-2006, 06:14 PM
There is always Sac in 07'. Save your pennies now!

lhforbes12
11-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Uhhhh... he would pick up 6 hours, we are GMT -6 here in Chicagoland. btw Bill thanks for all the extra goodies from the other day! I would have thanked you at the swap meet but didn't even notice them until I got home, btw the little Red Melon is doing great! It actually started eating immediately upon it's release into the tank.

As Harriett stated we will be having another get together sometime this March, we hope to see even more people than the last one. I know Jim's (Cosmo) address so if I have to, I'll drag him to this one <ewg> and hopefully Randal, Diane, Ed and some of you other Chicagolanders will make it to this next meeting. For those who have never been to Old Orchard Aquarium, it is a freshwater tropical fish keepers heaven, LOTS of species of both fish and plants. It would have been worth it to me just to see this wonderful store.

RandalB
11-27-2006, 10:43 PM
If I don't have to work, I'll do my best...

RandalB

steve.ryall
11-28-2006, 05:41 AM
:D :D :D :D :D

Might make Sac '07 i'm saving right now!!!

Steve

billeagan
12-08-2006, 02:43 PM
All,

I promised 10% of my sales from this meeting would be given to Simply to help offset cost. I had $550 (net of Heiko book payments) in sales. I just sent Al $55.

Thanks for everything!

Bill