PDA

View Full Version : My least favorite thing

LizStreithorst
11-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Is waiting to hear that the Discus I've shipped have arrived safely and are happily swimming in their new tank. I HATE IT!!!! All that you can do is pack them up as snug and safely as you can and keep fingers crossed. Everything esle is out of your hands. Obviously, I'm in that position of waiting to hear as I type. This guy pics up at FedEx when they open, so it shouldn't be much longer. sigh.......

poconogal
11-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Liz, I'm sure they'll be just fine. Even my latest arrivals arrived safe and sound, after Fed Ex could not find my house all day!

LizStreithorst
11-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Ah...I just heard from him. Now I can go on with my life.\

Liz,
Once again you have out did yourself. They all made it just fine including the freebies.
I can't wait to turn them loose they are gorgeous!!! Thanks again and again. Will keep you posted.
Bruce

BTW, This customer is the nicest guy. He knows that I die a thousand deaths until I hear. He always lets me know immediatly.

LizStreithorst
11-28-2006, 01:37 PM
See why I worry? http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=54381

poconogal
11-28-2006, 01:50 PM
See why I worry? http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=54381
Liz, you can say that again! Phew.

Kenny's Discus
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Ah...I just heard from him. Now I can go on with my life.\

Liz,
Once again you have out did yourself. They all made it just fine including the freebies.
I can't wait to turn them loose they are gorgeous!!! Thanks again and again. Will keep you posted.
Bruce

BTW, This customer is the nicest guy. He knows that I die a thousand deaths until I hear. He always lets me know immediatly.

Tell me about it Liz! You're right on about the "thousand deaths until I hear...that they're doing ok":) Usually when the recipient calls the first thing I'll ask is:

"Good news or bad news?":confused:

Kenny:p

AADiscus
11-28-2006, 08:51 PM
I know exactly what you mean Liz. Do you find yourself pacing, etc. until they call or email saying they arrived and then you just wait for them to say they are great looking fish!

What an enjoyment when you make someone else happy with fish. :)

brewmaster15
11-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Same here, I hate the wait... but I hate it whether I am The shipper or receiver! Its the worse time ever.

I call and track the shipment continuously until I know its safely at its destination.

The worst feeling is when theres a problem...lost in transit or missed scheduled planes.....I pull my hair out when it happens... which is funny to see since its not exactly long these days:(

-al