PDA

View Full Version : Painfully slow uploading

steve.ryall
12-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Ryan, I know you said the uploading of pics was going to be slow, but I tried a few times and it just hung on me. It started off looking promising, then died.
Not sure if that would be related to the fact I am in the Uk, probably not. Anyway, I'll hold off until things speed up a bit. Just thought I would let youknow.

Steve

brewmaster15
12-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Steve,
Unfortunately that seems to be a problem for some...and we are trying to figure it out.... Uploads are working fine for me.. fine for others...yet for some...not well at all.

I am confident that soon the issue will be remedied one way or another...

sigh....technology is great..when it does what its supposed to!

-al

Kindredspirit
12-02-2006, 10:31 AM
I was just going to post re this issue ~ Just now when I went to upload an attachment ...the pic never does upload ~ the little attachment screen after a few minutes...goes white/blank ~

What I did was resize my pictures to even smaller and it does grab them now ~ but they are small:p lol!

Photo Bucket works still:) But we have been spoiled I'm afraid!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_93v.gif

steve.ryall
12-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Al, I completely understand, just thought I would let you know, because if you dont get told you cant fix it.
Thanks Al,

Great news about your brother too:)

Steve

pcsb23
12-02-2006, 05:12 PM
A lot depends on where in the world you are and the route it takes to the server. Not sure why that should be so, but all the evidence points to it. Its slow for me too. I would suggest uploading only one at a time until we figure out how to speed it up a bit.

Polar_Bear
12-10-2006, 10:16 PM
It's slow for me too. A trick I learned is if it starts to hang just hit F5 to refresh and it seems to take it right away then. It really isn't much of a problem for me, at least the pages load a LOT faster than right before the site went down, which is far more important to me.

Kindredspirit
12-10-2006, 11:03 PM
I can not load pics at all anymore ~ I must go to Photo Bucket ~ which is no big deal really...but for some reason I go to grab a pic on my computer and it just uploads and uploads....

..then a blank white screen...:(

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_6.gif

brewmaster15
12-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Sorry guys, alls I can say is we are working on it.:(I appreciate everyones patience here...I know its frustrating.

-al