PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Carol Roberts!!

GrillMaster
12-04-2006, 01:53 AM
I have to take my hat off to Carol!

I have been here for a couple of years. Have not posted alot. Mainly reading an lurking. Carol is one of the most knowledgable, no bs persons on the forum. I for one have read most of what she has posted.

She caters for the newbies here for sure. Does a fantastic job at it as well. I have probably learned more from her than any other member here on this forum.

If any newbie has a question about anything, Carol wil step right up an give a valuable answer.

Ya never see her in the planted discus tank section, an she hardly ever ventures over to the general discus discussion. She is the one to talk to in the beginner section though.

Of course she could put her .02 in wherever she wanted to, but she doesn't.

She will however give the very best advice for the newbies.

If yer just startin out in the hobby, search....Search the beginner section, read her sticky's, cause Carol has all those bases covered!!!

Again Carol.... Thanks!!!

billeagan
12-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Carol Rocks!

Kindredspirit
12-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I totally agree ~ Her Stickies are awesome as I have most ~ many times I have remember little things Carol has taught me: Like she always leaves a little light on in a room with the discus as they should never be totally in the dark...darn...I had like three more that just slipped the ol mind!:(

At any rate ~ The Lady has taught me much:)

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_18.gif

Jarrod
12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
I have to chime in on this one! Carol is one of the most awesome members of this board, her knowledge and assistance to anyone who asks that she so freely shares is unreal. Her stickies are a absolutely SUPERB source of info and assistance to any of those who take the time to read them. I for one have gone back thry them and read and re read them countless times and to be sure each and every time I do I learn something else.
George

Squiggy
12-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Carol is definately a 'keeper'. :D

Her contributions to this board are nothing short of amazing....especially in the areas of treating illness and genetics. And her energy, dedication , and efforts are the reason that Nada exists today. She has my eternal admiration, respect, and gratitude.

Thank you, Carol.

Joe

brewmaster15
12-04-2006, 04:21 PM
She has my eternal admiration, respect, and gratitude.Mine too Joe...Mine too!:)

--al

April
12-05-2006, 02:41 AM
well carol has class and...lets face it shes a judge. she can be impartial and extremely helpful and truly caring and patient.
thats what simply is meant to be about is helping the hobby.

pcsb23
12-05-2006, 08:15 AM
thats what simply is meant to be about is helping the hobby.
Nobody personifies this more than Carol. She has my utmost respect.

Cosmo
12-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Agree with everyone... Carol is priceless :)

I suggested to her once that she should write a book on Discus Diseases cause just about everyone on Simply would buy one...a guaranteed best seller :) She said she was happy helping people and writing articles.. a real class lady in my "book". :)

Jim

GrillMaster
12-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Agree with everyone... Carol is priceless :)

I suggested to her once that she should write a book on Discus Diseases cause just about everyone on Simply would buy one...a guaranteed best seller :) She said she was happy helping people and writing articles.. a real class lady in my "book". :)

Jim

Ok before she writes one, I want it!!!:D

LizStreithorst
12-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Y'all have already said everthing there is to say. I agree. She is a lady indeed.

Polar_Bear
12-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Is it any wonder that Carol was the President of NADA? Not to any of us who have followed her excellent advice over the years. BA I really don't think you will get any arguments about Carol and her timely advice... she is simply "the Best".

steve.ryall
12-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Ditto

Green Country Discus
12-05-2006, 10:11 PM
100% DITTO, thanks for all you have done and continue to do!!

CARY_GLdiscus
12-06-2006, 12:05 AM
GOOD for You Carol And I Agree.
Sometimes it gets hard going over the same old things

Best Wishes
Cary + family