PDA

View Full Version : Forgive my ignorance, but

LizStreithorst
12-04-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm trying to log on to the NADA forum, but I get a message telling me that I need to check my cookie settings. Fine BUT, I don't know how to find my cookie settings. If I found them I wouldn't know how to check them or what to check them for. Can someone help, please?

Kindredspirit
12-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Liz ~ I believe you would go to Internet Ex and to Tools, down to Internet Options ...then to Cookies ~ Set them accordingly ~ not quite sure how to tell you how to set them tho!:( ........I think:o this is it! Someone will come on and totally tell you something better I am sure ~ one can only hope!

Sorry was not much help!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_18.gif

LizStreithorst
12-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Well, I'm one step farther along in the process than I was. Now if someone will just come along and tell me what to do with the cookies. I sure have a lot of these cookies. Does that mean I've gone over to the dark side?

oodi
12-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Liz,

Click on Tools, then Internet Options. From there, click on the Privacy tab. From there, you can either change your security setting to a lower level to allow the cookies, or you can click on the Sites button to manually add the NADA site to your allow list. Hope this helps...

Judi
:)

LizStreithorst
12-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Shoot...It's already set at the lowest level...accept all cookies. At this level it won't even allow me to click on the "sites" tab. What now?

Ryan
12-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Liz,

The NADA forum moved to a different address. Were you logging in to NADA before the site went down? If so, your computer may have an old cookie stored. In this case, you'd have to clear your cookies. There was another thread about this:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=54297&page=2

Try mine and Paul's suggestions (both should accomplish the same thing) on Page 2 of the thread and let me know if that helps.

Ryan

LizStreithorst
12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
I saw that thread back when it was posted, but since all this stuff is over my head I forgot about it immediatly. I tried both your and Paul's fixes and neither worked. So now what I need to do is delete all my cookies? I heard of people doing that but for some reason they don't like to. I'll guess I'll find out why lol

Ryan
12-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Deleting all of your cookies basically will force you to re-login to every site where you normally have a login stored. It can be a pain, but most people delete their cookies routinely anyway. I delete mine at work everyday before I leave, and about once a month at home. Taking 5 seconds to re-login at a site isn't too big of a deal, especially if you only do it once in a while.

LizStreithorst
12-04-2006, 01:32 PM
HA!! Worked!! Thank you Ryan.