View Full Version : prazi in planted tanks

grelot
12-04-2006, 09:48 PM
can we use prazi in a planted tank???
Can we use it on cardinals, apistos, angels and ottocinclus???

thanks
Remi

Graham
12-04-2006, 11:25 PM
It should be fine with all those fish, it's pretty gentle stuff....BUT as with any chemical being added to the water be forewarned......sometimes s happens....the plants will be totally fine

http://www.koizyme.com/products.html

Prazi’ is extremely effective for the treatment of external flukes, liver flukes, internal parasites and internal worms in koi, goldfish and tropical fish. ‘Prazi’ is a one time treatment and because it is so gentle, it does NOT require any water changes after treatment and you do NOT need to bypass your biofilter. Prazi also will work with any amount of salt in the pond and it is not water temperature dependant.

Alight
12-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Yep, as Grahm said, Prazi won't hurt any of the fish (I've used it full strength on loachs, otos, plecos, etc. with no problems at all, and it won't hurt plants either.

I now use it and levamisole on all new fish I bring in, regardless of if they look sick or not. It's a whole lot easier to use on a small quarantine tank than in a large planted tank.

However, as a warning, be a bit careful if you are using powdered Prazi. It doesn't mix well, and shouldn't mix well. If you do get it to dissolve or accidently pour in a bunch of the power well more than you intend, you can overdose your fish. This can kill them, so check your tank 5-8 hours after you've added a dose, and if the fish are floating around a bit strangely, do a water change.