PDA

View Full Version : fishies not eating

discusgirl
12-12-2006, 07:59 PM
It's been a while since I've needed some help, but have an issue that I can't figure out. I was away for 10 days at Thanksgiving and my older BT discus (almost 3 years old) was hiding and not eating. She had a couple of white spots on her tail, so I figured the water conditions were bad since I was gone. Her breathing quick so I used Metro for a few doses until I saw some worm things in the water then I had to leave for a few days. I was doing 25% water changes for 7 days between Thanksgiving and my other trip. When I came back her buddy was not to keen on eating either. The water conditions were: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites.

The only thing that has changed is about 2 months ago, I started using an RO water filter. I started back to the tap water with Prime just in case.

They have "spider web" things floating above their fins, their color is a bit dark.

Anyone with any ideas??

thanks!

AmberC
12-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Is their feces normal? Are they clamped, dark and hiding out or is the only symptom not eating, the spider web thing and the worms in the tank? The spider web stuff sounds kinda sounds like body slime to me, but I am not sure.

Graham
12-12-2006, 11:27 PM
don't have a microscope do you???????? what's the pH/KH/GH

discusgirl
12-13-2006, 02:32 AM
One, the fatter fish's poop is smaller than normal because he's not eating much either. The larger one hasn't pooped that I've seen for a couple of weeks.

discusgirl
12-13-2006, 02:33 AM
Graham, after looking at all other water things, I checked the pH, it was close to 8. What is KH and GH?

Nope, no microscope, only lots of food at the bottom of the tank while the fish hide behind their sponge filter.