PDA

View Full Version : Garlic extract

ILuvMyGoldBarb
12-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Has anyone here ever used the garlic extract in the water used to thaw frozen foods to encourage their Discus to eat? Just curious of your results. Just wondering this for future reference. I have some Discus coming from a breeder friend in Feb and I want to be prepared just in case.

billeagan
12-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Has anyone here ever used the garlic extract in the water used to thaw frozen foods to encourage their Discus to eat? Just curious of your results. Just wondering this for future reference. I have some Discus coming from a breeder friend in Feb and I want to be prepared just in case.

I would find out what the breeder has been feeding/doing. They should be eating well when you get them so you shouldn't need to stimulate eating. I like garlic for preventitive measures and to help clean their system.

I like the garlic extract, but its messy.

If you choose to feed beef heart make/buy it with real garlic in there and you're good to go.

HTH
Bill

RoninGai
12-20-2006, 04:42 AM
i use garlic extract 2x's a week i use an aqaufina cap and with 2tps of black worms and 2-3 drops of garlic extract. it does stimulate there eating habits and all the others around them. i use it in QT tank discus 3xs a week i don't recommend this but i only QT for one week. yeah there's gonna be picket signs waving:argue: after this. i'm not a breeder i'm just a hobbyist.