PDA

View Full Version : noob from northern cali

geekfacejer
12-20-2006, 12:42 AM
hey im pretty new to this site i just bought a about 5inch red leopard discus today. i absolutly love my fish. but yea i am from northern california. hope to meet other people from california :bandana:

RoninGai
12-20-2006, 05:02 AM
how many did u buy? if you bought just one i don't think it's a good idea. have at least 4-5 of them. there social fish w/ a pecking order. is your tank a community tank or species (discus only) i'm form cali too but So.Cal, i'll be up there after new year to visit international discus and hopefully come home w/ some big discus for my planted tank. :)

how rude of me welcome to the site...lol i'm new myself to discus but not fish as a hobby. i recently got into it again and jumped into discus before i left the hobby i was going to get discus. i've read the horror stories and success stories...then i saw planted tanks so far so good i dove into planted tanks i need BIG discus no time to raise small fry's. i can do the w/c but bb tanks are not my thing.

geekfacejer
12-20-2006, 02:16 PM
nah this is my first discus. my roomate is more into the fish hobby then me i am slowly getting into it now. i bought a red leopard. an my roomate bought about like 5 other discus. so we have about 6 of them in the tank right now. but yea thanks for the welcome what is this international discus you are talking about i am intrested tell me more !

AADiscus
12-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Welcome to Simply. There are quite a few members here from Cali. International Discus is a sponsor here on Simply who sell discus.

White Worm
12-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Hello, I am from vacaville, further up north (1 hour maybe). You should do some research before going further or if your roomate has been doing this for a while, pick his brain. With any fish, you should do a Quarantine process when getting new fish or getting fish from different sources. It might be in your best interests to do alot of reading in the beginner section. Kenny and Louis operate International Discus out of Daly City / Oakland. They have a fantastic variety of imports and home bred discus at great prices. When you have done your research and are ready for more, I would highly recommend them. Not only good discus breeders but good people!
By the way, welcome!

White Worm
12-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Welcome to Simply! I am not in Cali, but will be for the ACA next yr! :)

Amber

See ya there! :D

AmberC
12-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Welcome to Simply! I am not in Cali, but will be for the ACA next yr! :)

Amber

geekfacejer
12-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Welcome to Simply. There are quite a few members here from Cali. International Discus is a sponsor here on Simply who sell discus.

- thanks for letting me know what it is i will check it out.

Hello, I am from vacaville, further up north (1 hour maybe). You should do some research before going further or if your roomate has been doing this for a while, pick his brain. With any fish, you should do a Quarantine process when getting new fish or getting fish from different sources. It might be in your best interests to do alot of reading in the beginner section. Kenny and Louis operate International Discus out of Daly City / Oakland. They have a fantastic variety of imports and home bred discus at great prices. When you have done your research and are ready for more, I would highly recommend them. Not only good discus breeders but good people!
By the way, welcome!

- thanks ! but yea i been reading all over the beginners area. also my roomate has been teaching me more and more. he is really into the hobby. but yea i will sure check them out and get more discus when i am more ready.

Stillwater Aquatics
12-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Welcome to Simply, fellow NorCal!

geekfacejer
12-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Welcome to Simply, fellow NorCal!

thanks for the welcome ! :wave: