PDA

View Full Version : a bit OT, but...

LizStreithorst
12-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this stupid Yahoo tool bar on my computer?
My sweet darling joined something and in the process made Yahoo our home page (which I was able to fix) and also gave us this stupid tool bar that I can't figure how to get rid of.

pcsb23
12-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Guessing you are using internet exlorer. Go to the tools menu, choose customize toolbars. In the right hand pane select the one you want rid and click the remove button.

There are other ways but this is the most simple.

Timbo
12-26-2006, 07:05 PM
and if you dont see a "customize toolbars" option...

click on the start button--> control panel -->add/remove programs --> look for Yahoo Toolbar (or similar) in the list and click remove

Polar_Bear
12-26-2006, 07:14 PM
and if you dont see a "customize toolbars" option...

click on the start button--> control panel -->add/remove programs --> look for Yahoo Toolbar (or similar) in the list and click remove

This would be the best way
btw I am not allowed to touch Ingrid's computer for much the same reason, although I don't put things like the Yahoo Bar on there I do tend to want to "upgrade" it.

oodi
12-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Liz,

Tad and I have each had our own computers for almost 9 years now... trust me... it's the only way!!!

Judi
:)

LizStreithorst
12-27-2006, 12:40 AM
Thank You Tim, Your way to fix it worked. The a$$hole has a birthday comming up next month. Whether he wants one or not, I believe that he deserves to have a computer of his own (to screw up). He may have been hoping for a different present. Oh well...

jeep
12-27-2006, 10:57 AM
My sweetie got me diamonds...Albino Blue Diamonds! They won't be in this country until after the first of the year but I can wait.

The a$$hole has a birthday comming up next month. Whether he wants one or not, I believe that he deserves to have a computer of his own (to screw up). He may have been hoping for a different present. Oh well...

OUCH!! :D

p.s. don't forget networking hardware...

Tad
12-27-2006, 12:08 PM
The best thing about separate computers; if you have an arguement you can argue on ICQ.....or you can just send PMs and play ignore :D ..

Bad part is when your desk is just a few feet away from each others and the Wife has clear view of a shot with an old telephone book :(

Tad :p

Timbo
12-27-2006, 06:41 PM
The a$$hole has a birthday comming up next month.

lol, thx for the laugh Liz!

Cosmo
09-11-2007, 11:02 AM
I voted "other" only because I bought both my daughters their own computers because I didn't want them downloading "things" onto my computer :angry:

They still on occassion use mine though, and I still find myself needing to clean/remove things they've brought in :mad:

If not for this tidbit, I'd have voted YES like everyone else :D

Polar_Bear
09-11-2007, 11:09 AM
The best thing about separate computers; if you have an arguement you can argue on ICQ.....or you can just send PMs and play ignore :D ..

Bad part is when your desk is just a few feet away from each others and the Wife has clear view of a shot with an old telephone book :(

Tad :p

OMG! You guys do that too?

oodi
09-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Larry,

Tad and I met on the internet 10 years ago... it's still the only way we know how to communicate! LOL

Judi
:)

Cosmo
09-11-2007, 07:01 PM
My wife and I met on the internet 7 years ago.. but we both use this same computer so we're missing out on the fun :p