PDA

View Full Version : Crater of Diamonds, Arkansas...anyone been there?

brewmaster15
01-02-2007, 06:57 AM
http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/digging-for-diamonds/

I guess this place makes the news from time to time as being a Diamond hotspot...only diamond producing Mine in The world where you can keep what you find.

Someone there found a 2.37 carat white diamond there yesterday.

Looking at the list of Diamonds found there..I'm thinking thats a whole lotta Discus that could be bought.:D:D:D It only cost $6 to diamond prospect there.

I think my next trip south is going to drive thru Arkansas.:) Has anyone been to this place?

-al

Chrisb
01-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I have not been there but know alot of friends that have. They all found small poor grade diamonds. There kids had a great time. Your next trip south come visit.:)
Chris

brewmaster15
01-02-2007, 08:52 AM
I will definetly try to Chris! Thanks:)

With luck,

I'll be going south on vacation in February...if not then....it'll be July or August.

-al

FischAutoTechGarten
01-27-2007, 01:47 AM
I found a 'diamond in the rough' of sorts in Arkansas this winter. As my wife and I were driving from New York to our new home in Sonora, Mexico, we had a fantastic stop in Arkansas.

I was driving one of my work trucks pulling a trailer full of our house hold goods, while my wife was drivng our car. Kind of lonely driving long days alone in the vehicles.

It was around 1pm we were traveling along I-40 just barely touching the Ozarks when we complained to one another it would be nice to stop for a 'real meal'.

We both pulled off the interstate and followed signs for 6 miles through the winding foot hills until we came upon the Widerkehr Family Vineyards & Winery, Swiss owned dating back to 1880 near Altus, Arkansas. They had a wonderful restaurant located in the old wine cellar. Fantastic. Enjoying a glass of their Pinot Noir as I type.