PDA

View Full Version : Bubble emanate from the poo hole?

E Pain
01-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Anyone have any reason what might be causing my fish to have gas? All jokes aside there typical diet consist of a beef heart mix, live black worms, tetra bits, and frozen blood worms. I have noticed it a few times now just curious what may be the cause and if it’s something I should be worried about.

FishLover888
01-05-2007, 01:45 PM
They, just like us, fart and burp from time to time.

FishLover888
01-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Here is some interesting read from PFK mag:

Farting turtle sets alarm bells ringing

A flatulent turtle at a British public aquarium caused problems over Christmas as it set off an alarm with its farts.

A Christmas treat of brussel sprouts led to the turtle at the Weymouth Sealife Centre developing flatulence which set the aquarium's alarm bells off, says the Daily Record.

Marine biologist Sarah Leaney told the Daily Record that she rushed into the aquarium after an alarm sounded to indicate that the water level was dangerously high. "Sprouts are a really healthy choice for sea turtles..."Leaney said: "When I got there, all seemed fine. I looked at the tube containing the sensor and saw a turtle beneath it.

"As I watched, a few large bubbles emerged from beneath him and rose to the surface next to the tube. Straight away, I realised what must have happened.

"We like to give all our animals a treat at Christmas and sprouts are a really healthy choice for sea turtles.

"But they do produce similar side-effects to those experienced by humans who eat too many sprouts."

tpl*co
01-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Here's something I posted about it a while back:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=49311&highlight=flatulance

Tina

White Worm
01-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Never seen them burp but yes, I have seen them fart. :)

poconogal
01-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Never seen them burp but yes, I have seen them fart. :)
Mike, you have? LOL!!! What does it look like? A bunch of bubbles?? I've never seen mine doing anything like that! :p :D

White Worm
01-05-2007, 06:07 PM
You have to be on the spot johnny to catch it. Sometimes when I am just sitting and watching their behavior (I do that once in a while) I have seen bubbles come up from under discus. I thought I was imagining this the first time but I have seen it a few times more since. Just like you or me in the tub or in the pool, lol. I have one discus that I have seen do it more than once. Havent seen any burps though.

AmberC
01-05-2007, 07:08 PM
I have never seen that before either! LOL! I bet that is strange!

LizStreithorst
01-05-2007, 10:13 PM
I have never seen a Discus fart. Now I'm going to be watching for it. I may never leave the front of my tanks until I see it. What about my job? My responsibilities? I my starve to death waiting to see a Discus fart!

korbi_doc
01-05-2007, 10:51 PM
I have never seen a Discus fart. Now I'm going to be watching for it. I may never leave the front of my tanks until I see it. What about my job? My responsibilities? I my starve to death waiting to see a Discus fart!

:crazy: :crazy: ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

White Worm
01-05-2007, 11:16 PM
keep your job Liz and setup a video camera, lol.

tpl*co
01-05-2007, 11:49 PM
keep your job Liz and setup a video camera, lol.

LOL, it'll be a few months before they're ready to go to a new home. I'm starting to see more around the tank now.

Hmmm, to see more farts from our discus should we feed them brussel sprouts?

Tina

White Worm
01-05-2007, 11:54 PM
lol, you finally saw my signature, lol.

April
01-06-2007, 02:31 AM
the ones ive seen fart..are the ones who were on the verge of bloating ..or eating far too much flake..all at once. the pigs..basically...have a look...and see who it is..just one..or more..or the pig of the tank or...a very fat stomach? let us know.
is this e pain as in eric paine from ohio? there used to be an eric paine...many moons ago i conversed with.