PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Glenn

cptkirk
01-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Has any one heard from Glenn latey.

I am looking for some new Discus.

April
01-08-2007, 03:24 AM
glenn seems to be vanished off the face of the earth...i called him..he said he was busy working on his new house..and not playing with the fish right now. : (
havent seen him on simply for quite sometime. : (

cobaltblue
01-08-2007, 03:28 AM
I talked with Glenn just before Christmas, and he is done with discus for the time being. He sold off almost all his tanks. Too bad for us BC guys. :(

cptkirk
01-08-2007, 11:55 AM
I found new Discus importer Check out rainforestpet.com
and small pet store in Burnaby a litlle pricy but very clean discus.

April
01-08-2007, 12:33 PM
well...be careful...he always has..but hes also had disease problems alot .
better to stick to sponsors....think about it. are the exporters going to send their best fish to a petshop or..a breeder /reseller ? his prices are very high.
if you wanted to get from someone like jack..or kenny...or dan or cary...etc..you can get them sent to point roberts . im me for more details. i have an address for fedex pickup.

cptkirk
01-08-2007, 03:40 PM
your rite about past fish . and I talked to him about that .he now brings in fish in for a new suplpier . the discus I have been looking at are very clean and very good looking .I only need two new fish to me it only works if i am going to buy five or six to work your way am I rwong ?

ps you should stop by and have a look if you feel the same way about his fish let me know

cobaltblue
01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
I was by rainforest on Hastings St about 2 weeks ago. I would still have to agree with April. Looks like alot of diseased and uncared for fish. There wasnt a fish in the tanks i would have even considered buying. Almost as bad as King Eds discus in Bby. I would stick to sponsors. April, does Jason have many fish right now?

April
01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
hi chris. no but im ordering from stendker. everyones wanting fish..and im waiting..so..im ordering for me and some to sell. barb traco wants some..etc. 4 inch ones and some bigger ones for me.

cptkirk
01-09-2007, 02:32 AM
I must be blind!! the fish I looked at on Sun, are very clean I do not get it.
I must be missing some thing.

April
01-09-2007, 03:25 AM
ill have to try have a look. i live right beside the place...if i get off work early enough ill stop in.
clean fish can still be carriers and kill all the other fish in your tanks. they have the immunities..your fish dont.

brewmaster15
01-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Aprils Coming on board here as Sponsor everyone... and if anyone out in Vancouver these days knows a thing or two about Discus... I'd bet money that its April.:)

-al

cptkirk
01-09-2007, 11:36 AM
If I need to get a batch of fish Glenn was the one. I picked up 12 fish in total from him last Dec, and have only last 3 doe to all the power I have last here on the north shore here . So I am looking to pick up two or three .

most of the on line people up need to buy more then that to make it work.
that is how I under stand? it.

trusty
01-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Most of the time you can buy as many as you want buddy your paying for the shipping

cptkirk
01-09-2007, 12:50 PM
That was my piont.

Look buying from a breeder is the best way to go . this I know.
but if you are looking to buy few and you would like to see them in a tank
then what? I have been doing fish for just over 30 years now and I like to have a long look at what I am buying .

I hope April has tanks set and I will be able to see them . Becouse I will buy!!

Vancouver has very poor pet stores and all the fish I has bought over the years I have done a holding tank and a general hit of med, I have only been doing Discus for a little over a year .