PDA

View Full Version : filter question

FairyDiscus
01-08-2007, 07:35 AM
I have just bought an eheim 2028 external filter. My tank is 180 liters (45 gallons). The filter is for tanks up to 600 liters. Will this be too much for six 2.5" Discus? I plan on 50% water changes daily and 6 feedings per day.

pcsb23
01-08-2007, 07:46 AM
No it won't, its difficult to "over" filter a tank. You may want to throttle back the outflow though, depends how the discus react. Eheims are good filters imo.

GrillMaster
01-09-2007, 11:36 PM
No it won't, its difficult to "over" filter a tank. You may want to throttle back the outflow though, depends how the discus react. Eheims are good filters imo.

Ditto!! Although I think Reno is better...:D ;) Sorry Paul jus had to ruffle yer feathers!! <cheers>

Armandi_Fishcarer
01-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Hi FairyDiscus, pcsb23 hit the ? on the head :smash:

"You thought that growing up was easy until you
realized that I was a Discus. (Armandi_Fishcarer)" :D

Cosmo
01-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Ain't no such thing as a cannister filter that's better than an Eheim.

Oother options that would work for you instead of throttling back the output would be to A) add additional spraybars to decrease the strength of any one given jet B) drill out the holes in the spraybar .. you'd get the same water flow but at reduced pressure. C) put a tee connector off the output hose then run it to two different spraybars in the tank.. the tee will considerably reduce the flow

Easier I guess just to throttle it back :confused:

Jim