PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT!....but my heart....!

Kindredspirit
01-12-2007, 01:12 AM
I did it! For the longest time I saw pics like this...I thought Oh Hell No!....I was cleaning the tank and these guys are my biggest and this one in particular was the most ill of them all when they were sick...black and flat..nothing moved on this fish for 36 hours...save his lips...I swear...

I think he really loves me ~ and trust me even more...He just swam up and laid there right in my hand! They feel so cool don't they? My camera was a step away...and my heart was going make no mistake about that! I hope I didn't wipe off any slime? He seems fine ~

How big do you guys think he is? Here is a pic of him under water as well ~

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/IMG_6206Small.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/IMG_6203Small.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/IMG_2842Small-1.jpg

GrillMaster
01-12-2007, 01:30 AM
OMG Marie!! If thats not love, I dont know what love is!!:thumbsup:

Yer not puttin em in the freezer are ya??:shocked2:

Man if one of my fish were to do that with me, I would prolly rethink the whole meaning of life!

tpastrana
01-12-2007, 07:52 AM
That is awesome Marie!!!!!!!! Great pictures:)
I know exactly how you feel. I can do the same thing with my 7" BT.( Pic in my Avatar) I do it just about everyday with him. He absolutely loves me.It is amazing how much trust some of them have with you. I get out of control though, I pet his head,under his chin,I pull on hs fins. He just doesnt care what I do to him he keeps coming back for more. I guess it is safe to say he is your fav;) ;) Congrats on the connection. Now my leopard is starting to copy him now, pretty funny.
Teresa

sonflowerjoela
01-12-2007, 08:09 AM
That made me tear up. Must have been wonderful for you. :) Mine will eat out of my hands, but swim off if I move too much. How long have you had that one?

AmberC
01-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Aww thats very sweet Marie!!

Kindredspirit
01-12-2007, 09:25 AM
OMG Marie!! If thats not love, I dont know what love is!!:thumbsup:

Ya think? Yeah? I kept tellin myself Mark...this is not a fluke..this dayum fish actually loves me ~ some crazy S* huh?

Yer not puttin em in the freezer are ya??:shocked2:

umm..No! lol! I almost did once tho ~ http://www.simplydiscus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50775 he looks horrible and if it was not for so many on Sd ....well ~ He wld have been the freezer~

Man if one of my fish were to do that with me, I would prolly rethink the whole meaning of life!

I agree ~ when I first started this hobby I thought I cld not pull it off cuz ...well...FISH? You can not hug fish or really touch them and that is just not me ya know?

This was dayum close to a hug IMO ~

I'm good:)

That is awesome Marie!!!!!!!! Great pictures:)
I know exactly how you feel. I can do the same thing with my 7" BT.( Pic in my Avatar) I do it just about everyday with him. He absolutely loves me.It is amazing how much trust some of them have with you. I get out of control though, I pet his head,under his chin,I pull on hs fins. He just doesnt care what I do to him he keeps coming back for more. I guess it is safe to say he is your fav;) ;) Congrats on the connection. Now my leopard is starting to copy him now, pretty funny.
Teresa

Thanks Woman!! He lets you pull his fins and such? That is just awesome Teresa! Hey how was that one that arrived and went down? Do I have that right? lol! Just tell me they are all in good space:) That'll work;)

That made me tear up. Must have been wonderful for you. :) Mine will eat out of my hands, but swim off if I move too much. How long have you had that one?

It DID? Well, Ms. Sonflower....me too babe ~ yup! I was gonna say that but I didnt! I was thinking while I was holding him...omg Marie...You are NOT gonna cry? Over a FISH?

I did ~

Aww thats very sweet Marie!!

Yeah Yeah Yeah....lol! We never have much to say to each other? Now why IS that?? LOL!

M ~:D

AmberC
01-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Yeah Yeah Yeah....lol! We never have much to say to each other? Now why IS that?? LOL!

M ~:D

Umm... maybe perhaps cause we say it all on yahoo or the phone lol

saroberts
01-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Nice pictures!!

I have a couple of questions though. I get the impression that all 3 pictures are of the same fish. Is that true? If so, can someone explain the difference in colors?

Also, what strain is he?

Steve

AmberC
01-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Steve,
Yes all three are the same fish. Fish look completely different out of the water than they do in the water. The first two pics, there are no lights on the fish at all. In the last one, its in the tank with lights on it.. so you can see its colors.

That being said.. I hate seeing pics of the fish out of the water.. I think it makes them look so ugly! lol The only good thing about it is to get good reference to their size IMO

HTH
Amber

tpastrana
01-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey Marie,
The WB is doing great!!!! Thanks for asking, I will post some pic's soon.
Teresa

Kindredspirit
01-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Also, what strain is he?

Steve

Thanks Steve ~ he is a Golden Albino Intermediate...I think:o Dan will correct me I am sure!

Marie ~ :balloon:

swinters66
01-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Wow Marie...cool pictures!! Nice big guy you got there!!

Kindredspirit
01-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Thank You!:)