PDA

View Full Version : Discus Destinations in London?

Dillan
01-13-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm off on Monday to work in London for a month. Can any of you in the UK recommend any must-see sites that a Discus keeper might want to check out?! I love exploring the city by Tube and a cool Discus destination would be great!

Before you ask... I'm leaving my fish in the care of my teenage sons. ;)They've managed with them before so I'm not worried -- although I know the tank won't be as clean as when I take care of it. My biggest concern is the big Snakeskin I have separated for treatment of intestinal baddies... I kind of don't expect him to be here when I get back since he's not responding to medication. :(

Dillan

steve.ryall
01-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey Dillon,
Sounds like you are going to be having plenty of time to move about in the UK. Is it work of purely pleasure?
I live in the south west of the UK, about 150 miles from London, so don't know it that well, I try to avoid going there if I can help it. I guess the best way to see stuff would be on a city tour, but believe me, it might be at a cost. There are plenty of museums and places of history in London, and of course taking a look where the Queen hangs out. (if the flag is flying she is in)
Paul (admin, Pcsb23) might be able to advise a little more....
I would though recommend taking time to leave the city and look into the real UK, the countryside is lovely, and the coastal towns have centuries of history (specially the south west coast)
Within 25 miles of where I live, we have several castles of medieval age, as well as many Roman settlement towns and Bronze Age settlements.

If you need specifics just pm me and I'll help you out a bit more if you like.

Steve

pcsb23
01-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Paul (admin, Pcsb23) might be able to advise a little more....
Heck, I just work there :( I live 85 miles away from London. London Aquarium is a must see though, that s one I know you won't regret. Best thing about London for me is seeing it in my rear view mirror :)

steve.ryall
01-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Best thing about London for me is seeing it in my rear view mirror :)

Exactly my point! There is more to the UK than London.:)