PDA

View Full Version : New Wilds

Polar_Bear
01-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Yesterday I picked up 5 Heckels, 3 RSG, and a Green from Bill Eagan. The Heckels are still fairly young, which I like, but the S. aequifasciatus are pretty much monsters! They are still settling in but I thought I'd go ahead and post a couple of photos. In person they are all very impressive fish, with nice fat heads and in perfect condition.

Squiggy
01-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Those are some spectacular wilds....I was quite impressed. :thumbsup:

pcsb23
01-14-2007, 03:07 PM
They look good Larry :)

aquaticplantman
01-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Yes, they're obviously still settling in, but also obviously very good quality and very healthy. They look great.

-- Matt H.

Darren's Discus
01-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Looking good,Larry your getting abit of a collection of wilds.How are your origonal one's going ?

cheers

architect1
01-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Aww they look scared still can't wait to see when they get nestled and all there colors dark. beautiful fish.

Polar_Bear
01-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Matt,
Yes, the photos were taken in the morning. Its surpirising but by the afternoon they seemed to be pretty much settled in. No longer huddled together and swimming freely throughout the tank. The S. aequifasciatus truly are spectacular, all 4 of them. I couldn't be happier with them

Darren,
8 Heckels, 4 RSG, 2 Blues, and 2 Greens. That's about my limit for tank space for the wilds, so I'll let you and Rod get some from Bill too <grin>

Arch,
Yep, but read my reply to Matt, they're alot better already :-)

billeagan
01-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Looking good Larry. Let me know if the spots pop on those RSG's like the others did.

Kindredspirit
01-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Those are very pretty Larry ~ please have Ingrid snap a pic after acclimation if you would;) lol! Just teasing babe ~ ya know I never really liked Wilds..but I think I do ...

I can not wait til you post some more pics!

Marie ~ :coffee:

Polar_Bear
02-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Here you go Marie. This is after 3 weeks of acclimation, and a change of tanks

VL67
02-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey Polar_Bear,

I don't know if you remember me but I met you when you picked up those monsters at Bill's. Your wilds look awesome in your tank! Seeing them in person makes me want to order some wild strains form Bill...especially those RSG's; and I'm not into the wild strains!!!;)

Good luck with them.

Regards,

Vince

billeagan
02-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Larry,

They are looking great!!

Squiggy
02-02-2007, 04:43 PM
That darker bottom is really bringing out their color....;)

Polar_Bear
02-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Vince,
Of course I remember you, I kept calling you Ed <grin> I hope your fish are doing well.

Bill,
Yep! They are doing well, other than trying to comvince me that they should only eat CBW...

Joe,
Yes, it made a huge difference. I couldn't take their washed out color anymore.

Ardan
02-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Those are some nice large wilds!!:) :)
Looks like they are doing great!
Ardan

mandisc
02-10-2007, 01:48 PM
hope u are also doing well Ardan.HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! ! !
49 years YOUNG ?

Ed13
02-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Vince,
Of course I remember you, I kept calling you Ed <grin> I hope your fish are doing well.

I'm Ed can you get me some wilds??:confused: :D Especially if they are identical to the beautys you have there!

Bill,
Yep! They are doing well, other than trying to comvince me that they should only eat CBW...

Can I convince you to post more pics!! :D :D :D Lee use to be the one that got me my wild discus fix but lately, nothing but domestics!!:( One of these days I may have to spend some $$$ on quality wilds over the net because locally all you can get wild are Colombian discus, really nice greens(some even spotted) but not quite heckels :(

billeagan
02-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm Ed can you get me some wilds??:confused: :D Especially if they are identical to the beautys you have there!

Can I convince you to post more pics!! :D :D :D Lee use to be the one that got me my wild discus fix but lately, nothing but domestics!!:( One of these days I may have to spend some $$$ on quality wilds over the net because locally all you can get wild are Colombian discus, really nice greens(some even spotted) but not quite heckels :(

Ed,

The season is nearing the end, but I'm happy to ship air port to air port.

Bill

t_j
02-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Larry, those wilds really look nice great job Larry and Bill!!!

tacks
02-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi Larry I was wondering what size are yor discus? thanks Ed

Ed13
02-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Ed,

The season is nearing the end, but I'm happy to ship air port to air port.

Bill

Looks like I won't make it then, the fishroom has a few more weeks before it can be finished (so sad when you have all the tanks waiting in a pile) and then to cycle:mad: But, this info is more important than you think!!!