PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Bushy Nosed Pleco!!

Dying for Discus
01-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I am looking for 3-5 bushy nosed plecos. I have a 55G and a 30G I want to use them in. Babies, adults, whatever the size is great!!

I want them from a good breeder with good fish care ethics, and someone who treats them for disease or knows they will be clean when their clients receive them. I'm certain I will have no shortage of that here!! :D

White Worm
01-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Hmmmmmmmm, Tina? Dont make me use my signature again. :p
She has some babies that will be ready in a month or so if you can wait.

Greg Richardson
01-17-2007, 07:56 PM
E-mail Phil Tucker - philtucker@comcast.net
Phil raises them, Paul Scarborough ships them.
They are a great team with good prices.
Very satisfied with service.

Chrisb
01-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi
I have a few albino short and longfin.
Sent you a PM

Chris

billeagan
01-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Where are you located? I just ordered some wild L59 white seam bushy nose from Brazil.

mench
01-18-2007, 01:00 PM
If you are any where near me..Rochester NY...stop on over..I have tons of plecos..lots of long fins..Sorry but I haven't gotten into shipping yet.

Mench

Dying for Discus
01-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey everyone!!

Cincinnati, Ohio is my locale. Thanks for the responses!! I am open to everyone but unortunately I will not be driving to NY soon, sorry. :(

tpl*co
01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Where are you located? I just ordered some wild L59 white seam bushy nose from Brazil.

OOOH, I'd like to try my hand at those guys too. I've got baby bn's too (longfin and shortfin) but I'm in California.

Tina

Dying for Discus
01-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Do either of you ship?? Or are you both pick up only??

What are the best ones to keep with discus??

PS- Tina are these the ones from your canister filter...lol?

travelingman
01-19-2007, 04:43 AM
try this site out am sure someone has them.. i have them but i live in Ashtabula ohio to far and shipping would be to much i am sure

http://gcas.org/index.html

Paul

billeagan
01-19-2007, 10:38 AM
I only ship airport to airport... but, for pleco's overnight might be worth the risk on a certain carrier...

greyhoundfan
01-19-2007, 11:33 AM

Pics!! I've been look dor BNs..

Dying for Discus
01-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for your reciprocity everyone!! I have found someone to buy from. But by all means keep the thread open for everyone else looking for these little fish too...:D

Ryan
01-19-2007, 01:14 PM
I did a search for L059 on Planet Catfish and this is what I got:

http://planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=837

Cool looking pleco :)

billeagan
01-19-2007, 06:33 PM
I did a search for L059 on Planet Catfish and this is what I got:

http://planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=837

Cool looking pleco :)

Ryan,

Thanks! Actually, that is my reference for buying these guys.

The people in Brazil have never steered me wrong on their id of a fish especially the pleco's.... It can get a little tricky when there are multiple morphs and the same L number.

I will post pics when they come in on MOnday.

tpl*co
01-19-2007, 07:12 PM
I've never shipped fish before. I've got some in my tank from around 3/4" to what looks like a new batch! :shocked: (if that is the case this will be at least 3 since Christmas! :shocked:) That male never leaves that cave and is just cranking them out! Maybe I should remove one of the females:p At this rate maybe I should learn about shipping :).

Tina

White Worm
01-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Busy little boy huh? He's got the ladies in a line at the door to the cave, lol.

tpl*co
01-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Busy little boy huh? He's got the ladies in a line at the door to the cave, lol.

Now only if I can get my discus to do the same thing! ;)

Tina

Ryan
01-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Tina,

If you wanna learn shipping let me know :)

cyril
02-17-2010, 11:18 PM
I have a bunch too both long fins and short fins fron an 1 inch up to 2 and a half inch, I'm in Burbank California

Zarasa
11-09-2010, 05:33 AM
If anyone in Northern California has Albino BN Catfish/Pleco's available please let me know. I will come by and pick up a few. I'm starting my first Discus tank and after doing a lot of reading on this forum I think I'll use a few of these along with a few Nerite Snails and Red Cherry Shrimp as my clean up crew in a 65 gallon planted tank. My only worry is that the adult Discus may eat the RCS.

New to the hobby and the community. Really appreciate all the info here and look forward to the 2x challenge of starting a high tech planted tank (step 1) and then stocking it with 6 adult Discus (step 2) over the coming months.

hellspawn4
03-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Not sure if you have found what you have been looking for, but I have some long fin albino bushies that the females are holding eggs. I don't have any caves in the tank with or any hiding places for them, the tank is my grow out tank. If you are still in need let me know. I also have some short fin blue/black eyes along with some short fin black bushies too. I have all shipping supplies ready so I can ship to anyone within the US