PDA

View Full Version : Tetra Bits for orange discus ???? for blue discus?

traco
01-19-2007, 12:33 PM
I recall reading somewhere about the Tetra Bits are great for red/orange based discus. Is there a pellet that is good for blue discus? Or not such a big thing and a person could just stick with Tetra Bits for all colors of discus?

I'm just taking stock of what I have for food before I get my new discus.

Thanks all.:)

Timbo
01-19-2007, 12:57 PM
hi traco!

here ya go:
http://www.fish.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=701180+330&Cat=

traco
01-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks, Tim, I'll go take a look at that link.:)

poconogal
01-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Hi Barb. My BD loves Tetra Bits, eats lots of them, and is.... still blue! LOL. Sera makes discus granules specifically for blue Discus, though, as well as regular granules and granules for red Discus. I bought the blue granules thru Bill Eagan, on Ebay, before I joined SD! All the Discus now love them, but when I first got the Sera Blue, only the orange/red Discus would eat them - it figures. :D Now they all love them.

Connie

traco
01-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Hey Connie, isn't that the way?! I thought there was someone who sold the Sera products. I'll go to his site and take a look and figure if shipping way up here is worth it.

What do you feed your discus, pretty much everything and anything?

poconogal
01-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Barb, I think they'd eat a chicken parmigiana hero if I put it in there! But I feed them tetra bits, the sera granules - regular and blue, new life spectrum granules, Formula One, omega one flakes (all 3 types, color, veggie and extra protein first flakes), OSI discus flakes, OSI granules, FBW, BH, CBW, mysis, FBS, occassionally, bits of fresh cooked chicken breast, and a few of them love, love, love the BNs algae wafers! And some love bananas. Of course, the BN just ate their BH cube. hmmmm....... There's more that I feed, I have more food for them than for us in the house... LOL!!!

Timbo
01-19-2007, 02:05 PM
My BD loves Tetra Bits, eats lots of them, and is.... still blue! LOL

hi connie

are the "Tetra Bits" you are referring to different than "Color Bits"? when i fed my BD's the Tetra ColorBits, their fins turned orange and the body turned a muddy shade of blue. :(

poconogal
01-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Timbo, Tetra Bits are the same as Color Bits. I still call them Tetra Bits because that's what they were called 15 years ago. Now they're Color Bits! LOL.

By BD is a light, powder blue with an ever so slight tint of yellow to the fins. She's been eating the bits for a year now.

Maybe you should try the Sera granules for Blue Discus??? My oranges don't get blue eating them... ;)

billeagan
01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
I recall reading somewhere about the Tetra Bits are great for red/orange based discus. Is there a pellet that is good for blue discus? Or not such a big thing and a person could just stick with Tetra Bits for all colors of discus?

I'm just taking stock of what I have for food before I get my new discus.

Thanks all.:)

Sure, Sera Blue discus granuals =-) Of course, they have red and regular for all colors.

Watch the red ones with white fish. As a few peopel will testify I turned super white butterflies a pretty orange with the color bits... I have been waiting a couple of months for them to lighten back up... RRRRR