PDA

View Full Version : My 7 year old is a hit with the discus!!

White Worm
01-19-2007, 11:25 PM
They were definately happy with the hand feeding.

White Worm
01-19-2007, 11:28 PM
This little lady hung around and just hovered so my daughter could pet her. My daughter says "oooh slimey but neat!"

then the pair hand a little finger first before the blood worms, lol.

t_j
01-20-2007, 12:01 AM
How cute is that!! My girls would be too scared.:D

White Worm
01-20-2007, 12:32 AM
I told her no matter what, they wont hurt you so dont jump when they come in for the kill, lol.

greyhoundfan
01-20-2007, 01:04 AM
I'm glad the last few pics proved that was your daughter. I thought for sure those were your pink finger nails. :D

Your daughter is adorable and your discus collection is nice too.

Chrisb
01-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Thats great that she helps. Does she help with WC also?:)

How cute is that!! My girls would be too scared.:D
My wife wont even stay in the same room with bloodworms.
Great looking Discus.
Chris

White Worm
01-20-2007, 02:10 AM
I'm glad the last few pics proved that was your daughter. I thought for sure those were your pink finger nails. :D

Your daughter is adorable and your discus collection is nice too.

I knew someone would question it and thats exactly why I got her in the pic, lol. Thanks. She loves to help out with the feeding.

Thats great that she helps. Does she help with WC also?:)

My wife wont even stay in the same room with bloodworms.
Great looking Discus.
Chris

I wish, right now she has to stand on a chair just to feed them. Maybe in a couple years. I'll work on it, thanks. :) She has her own in the tank and named it spikes. She pets that one too. I was really surprised to see the turq just sitting there while she was petting her whole top fin. Must be a girl thing.

brewmaster15
01-20-2007, 05:05 AM
Mike,
Thats great that she loves to help out..:). Do what ever you can to keep her interest in the hobby.. For me its a great feeling when my kids want to be with me in the fish room and help out..

One of My kids nick names is fishboy, and his sister is of course fishgirl and they are so proud of them!

-al

AmberC
01-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Cute Mike :D My 4 yr old likes to hand feed them too!

Amb

poconogal
01-20-2007, 10:15 AM
So Mike, they weren't your painted fingernails??? LOL. I think there's another Discus addict in the making... she's a cutey... and the Discus too! Great shots.

fishmama
01-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Great photos...how fun! My youngest son has pink fingernails because big sister painted them LOL! She likes to dress him up too! YIKES!

tpl*co
01-20-2007, 12:47 PM
somehow, everytime I see this post's title I see it as:

"My 7 year old is hit with a discus"

And I think it is a freak discus jumping accident :)

Don't ask me why, maybe too much going on :)

Great pictures :)

Tina

GrillMaster
01-20-2007, 01:15 PM
I thought for sure I was gonna see a knot on a 7 yr olds forehead with a pic of them rubber discus they throw in track events...:(

Glad ta see she is gettin into the fish! Great pics. :)

-Mark-

White Worm
01-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Mike,
Thats great that she loves to help out..:). Do what ever you can to keep her interest in the hobby.. For me its a great feeling when my kids want to be with me in the fish room and help out..

One of My kids nick names is fishboy, and his sister is of course fishgirl and they are so proud of them!

-al

Thanks Al, My oldest kids dont want to have anything to do with fish but my youngest loves hanging out with daddy and the discus.

Cute Mike :D My 4 yr old likes to hand feed them too!

Amb
Thanks Amber, now I dont get to do it because she comes running in now and says "its time, I'm going to feed them, get the blood worms dad!"

So Mike, they weren't your painted fingernails??? LOL. I think there's another Discus addict in the making... she's a cutey... and the Discus too! Great shots.
Thanks Connie, now i have to get a full shot just to prove its not me and those are not my fingers, lol.

Great photos...how fun! My youngest son has pink fingernails because big sister painted them LOL! She likes to dress him up too! YIKES!
YIKES!

somehow, everytime I see this post's title I see it as:

"My 7 year old is hit with a discus"

And I think it is a freak discus jumping accident :)

Don't ask me why, maybe too much going on :)

Great pictures :)

Tina
Thanks Tina, lol, it does sound like a headline in the news.

I thought for sure I was gonna see a knot on a 7 yr olds forehead with a pic of them rubber discus they throw in track events...:(

Glad ta see she is gettin into the fish! Great pics. :)

-Mark-
LOL, thanks. At first I was going to feed them and have her take the pics but you see who got to do what. She was like........uh, no dad, you take pics and I'll feed.

swinters66
01-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Super pictures!

White Worm
01-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks, heres a few more pictures and a couple that will clear my name and to prove those are not my fingernails, lol.

Hers (spikes) is the pinkish (with blue-green fins) one on the top in the picture below

White Worm
01-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Few more

Same female that sticks around and lets my daughter pet her for a good 30 seconds.

Kitty-Muffin
01-22-2007, 02:33 AM
Testing. My daughter wanted her own identity on here, lol. She wanted to let everyone here know that she likes petting and feeding the discus but she went to bed before she was activated. She will post tomorrow and say hi to everyone.

(Bailee 7) Daughter of Mikscus (Mike)

Thats her in the pics above. Hey Al, I even taught her to roll up the sleeves when in the tank and make sure she rinses her hands with clean water.