PDA

View Full Version : Jehmco.com

Ardan
01-26-2007, 10:35 PM
I am very pleased with Jehmco.com
John was very helpful on the phone.
I purchased a couple meds to have on hand that I had not seen elsewhere, good prices.
I also purchased some nice prefilters and chlorine remover.
Ordered Monday night, received it today.
Will order from there again:)
Ardan

Aiptasia
01-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Jhemco does have a lot of nice stuff, but their prices seem high to me whenever I browse their site. Some of their research grade rack systems really look state of the art but good lord are they expensive.

poconogal
01-27-2007, 10:20 AM
I was on the phone with John a few weeks ago. He was very nice, and very helpful. We were discussing the Tripp Lite backup system that Jim (Cosmo) has. He took the time to answer all of my questions and when I have the money, I'll call him back to order.

bikhu
01-27-2007, 10:28 AM
I have purchased food, meds and equipment from Jehmco on many occasions. I find that their prices have always been very competetive on everything that I have purchased and have always been very pleased with customer service. I have dealt primarily with John and he always takes time to answer questions and to help me with research of particular products. Shipping is always expediant and due to my location in New England, UPS ground service is very often next day with very no extra cost. I will gladly continue doing business with Jehmco.
JMHO
peter

korbi_doc
01-27-2007, 11:08 AM
:santa: Yippee, Yippee, got a good one from Jehmco...don't know if any of you remember, I loved my Tripplite system from John, had an accident & burned it up, :cry: (Jim, Cosmo will remember).....so, jokingly put it on my Xmas list & yeah! my son bought it from John & had it sent to me....haven't set it up yet, but as soon as I find the red cable, hope to have it up & running before anymore trips are necessary....so, just put it up high so it won't get splashed, & if it does, do NOT pull the plug unless it's necessary, JME Dottie ;)

alpine
01-27-2007, 11:14 AM
John at Jehmco is a true classy guy. He will take time advising you and responding to any questions you might have. Knows the business very well .
I have been very pleased with my dealings with John. Highly recommend Jehmco. Glad he gets the recognition.

roberto.

Polar_Bear
01-27-2007, 11:26 AM
I have ordered many things from Jehm and have been very pleased with everything I have recieved. I agree with Ardan that their pre-filters are second to none. I have had a couple of minor issues with the pre-filters however. Twice now I have ordered a full set and not gotten all of the parts, they always make good on the order though. I think their prices are very competitive with other online sources and their customer service is better than almost all others. I have spoken with John many times and really do appreciate his expertise, and also the female (whose name escapes me) is friendly and knowledgeable too (actually when I order pre-filters from her I always get everything I ordered the first time). Things like meds and equipment I almost always order from Jehm. They are one of the best of the many online companies I have dealt with.

billeagan
01-27-2007, 02:08 PM
I love Jehmco, John knows his stuff...

senso
01-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Great person, great product and excellent service.

Cosmo
01-27-2007, 04:34 PM
You really can't say enough about John. He's one of the nicest, most knowledgable people you can talk to, and he'll take the time to find out what you need and help you solve your problem. Some of his stuff is pricey, but it's top of the line and built to last. Not to mention the fact that he'll fabricate things for you to fit a custom requirement :)

Just spent some time on the phone with him a couple days ago about rigging an auto drain, auto fill system for all my tanks if I end up commuting to Minney... even though he knew it wasn't an immediate order he took the time to explain what he could do and how it would function. If that new job comes to pass, I'll be ordering a good amount of equipment from him and the fish won't miss a day's worth of WCs :) How can you beat that!!

I think the biggest problem I've ever had with any order from them was the fact that their Hydro sponges aren't boxed. He must buy them in bulk and a couple weren't perfectly round :p Something I can easily live with

Dottie :) :) :) Yep, I remember :D Congratulations, that's quite a nice Christmas gift :)

Jim

Dick F.
01-27-2007, 09:46 PM
I have purchased food, meds and equipment from Jehmco on many occasions. I find that their prices have always been very competetive on everything that I have purchased and have always been very pleased with customer service. I have dealt primarily with John and he always takes time to answer questions and to help me with research of particular products. Shipping is always expediant and due to my location in New England, UPS ground service is very often next day with very no extra cost. I will gladly continue doing business with Jehmco.
JMHO
peter

I have to agree , John has been very helpful. Right product,right price & honest answers to my questions.

Dick

brewmaster15
01-29-2007, 09:47 AM
I buy my food, heaters, nets, air system and parts,meds, bags, heatpacks, and just about everything I need in my fish room from Jehmco.com

I have nothing but the best feedback for them.:)

-al

Barb Newell
01-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm from Canada and order meds, heaters, food, sponges etc... from Jehmco. John is very helpful and my order always arrives promptly.

Barb

t_j
01-29-2007, 08:27 PM
I've ordered meds, net dip, etc... vary happy with every thing.:thumbsup:

CODISCUS
01-30-2007, 12:11 AM
I buy all my stuff from JEHMCO. They seemed to be the most competitive and ship the same day. They sell quality stuff.

Mike B

Lisachromis
02-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Just ordered some more stuff for the new fishroom from Jehmco and it arrived quicker than I expected. Top rate seller!

Ryan
02-01-2007, 02:53 PM
I have ordered from Jehm Co on a few different occasions with orders ranging from foods to medications to shipping supplies. I've never had a problem and shipping is always lighting fast. I usually have it in 3 days or so and I'm in Florida. I've always been happy with the products I've received.

moik
02-01-2007, 05:14 PM
hello ,just ordered a linear pump from Jehmco. John was very helpful in the sizing of the pump. A real class act and a real asset to the hobby. Nothing but good to say about John and Jehmco. Thanks again

GrillMaster
02-03-2007, 03:20 PM
I ordered my sponges, air pump, air line an water pump from them after Al sent me in that direction. John didn't try an sell me anything I didn't need as far as pump over kill, an the prices were really good.

My next orders will be from them as well.

Mark

fishmama
02-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Just to forewarn others for any future unpleasantness, John at Jehmco is great at being friendly when selling items but, when it comes to handling a problem, his demeanor was rude and uncalled for IMO. Following an email from me to John after the issue had concluded:

name=Lisa
company=
email=
subject=Customer Service
message=Dear John,

I am writing this to let you know how disappointed I was with your handling of my bad water pump. From the first call to help trouble shoot your tone was condescending. After several calls to you, it was clear the pump had to be returned. Never once did you apologize for any inconvenience. As a matter of fact, you did nothing but try to assign the blame on your customer for the problem. Did it ever cross your mind that this pump was broken upon assembly during manufacture? In addition, I don't think you have any appreciation for what this actually cost me both in time and inconvenience. At $85/hr for a plumber to waste his time on a bad pump and $17 to ship it back in a timely manner...your measly $7 "store credit" is rather unimpressive and nothing but a slap in the face. By the way, my husband has no recollection of your statement that it had to be shipped back UPS ground. Furthermore, I would think you could have made an exception. It is not like I overnited it for $35!

And to top it all off, the condescending message on the repair invoice implying that it was broken when I removed the cover is erroneous. If you remember correctly, the cover was not even removed until AFTER the pump was not operating. In addition, to reiterate from our prior discussions, we did not just let this pump run dry in an abusive/destructive manner. Did your repair person find any indication there was damage from running dry????? And your laugh when I called upon receipt of repaired pump to verify that it indeed was bench tested was simply uncalled for. After my previous treatment from you, I certainly can't take for granted that you would do anything to ensure the customer has no further problems. It would have been silly of me NOT to verify that BEFORE spending more money on a plumber.

It is clear the JEHMCO certainly does not need my patronage and there are many other companys to choose from. Thus, you can keep your "store credit" as I will find a company that handle customer service in a more friendly and concerned manner.

Sincerely,
Lisa
Kansas City

FormHandler1=E-mail

fishmama
02-15-2008, 05:57 PM
And his response email:

Lisa,
I am sorry you are disapointed with what we have done for you.

Product Warranties are normally handled through the manufacturer, not the
re-seller. When a customer has an item that qualifies for warranty they are
instructed by the manufacturer to return the item to them for
repair/replacement if product is found to be defective. Most often
manufacturers do not cover freight either inbound or outbound.

The literature included with the pump clearly states that in the case of
this product the manufacturer does not cover shipping expense to and from
them for repair/replacement.

Also if you read the instructions it clearly states:
"Never operate the pump without water inside the impeller chamber ..."
Please note that all aquarium pumps need to be flooded suction, they are not
self priming.

Your description on how the pump was intitially used (pump mounted above a
tank trying to suction from the tank) caused us concern that you operated
the pump incorrectly causing the failure. If you had hired a plumber to
install this pump then the plumber should have read the literature before
attempting to install it above the water level, and if he did not, then he
did you a disservice by installing incorrectly.

Upon your first call to us I tried to help you troubleshoot the problem and
requested you open the pump housing cover to inspect the impeller. I
mentioned that it is a simple design and should be easy to determine what is
wrong. We have sold many of these pumps and do not find these types of out
of the box failures. Yours is the first. If we had seen this type of problem
prior to yours it would have caused us to react differently, perhaps.
When I returned your call about the problem and you were not available I
requested to your husband that he should return the pump to us for
inspection by UPS ground and we will determine if anything is wrong then
give you credit if the pump is defective for the UPS shipping charges.
Instead you returned the pump via Priority Mail which is more than twice the
cost of UPS shipping.

When you complained about your freight cost I even said we could make up for
this on your next order.

I feel we have gone above what the manufacturer states on their Guarantee
and far above what most re-sellers today do with product warranties that are
from the manufacturer anyway. Customers are normally referred to the
manufacturer for product warranty issues. Many companies even make it
difficult to call and speak with someone.

Another issue to consider is that if you had spent some time trying to
troubleshoot the problem before shipping it back to us it may have been
apparent, as it was to us, upon opening the pump that the impeller was
broken. The problem could then have been solved much quicker and less
expensively by just shipping you a replacement impeller. In the end it was a
rather simple fix and did not require any testing other than a wet run test.

We have no way of knowing how the impeller was broken. In the end we did
give you, the customer, the benefit of the doubt and repaired the pump and
shipped it back to you at our cost immediatley. We turned it around the same
day. We did not receive any credit from the manufacturer for this issue
since we would have had to send it back to them at our cost and wait for
their reply which would be weeks. We did our best to satisfy you and get you
back up and running as fast as we could. We did credit you for the freight
charges which I said we would do, as well as offering you additional credit
to make up the difference for your Priority Mail charges on your next order.
If you feel we there is something more we could do let me know and I will
try my best to help you.

Sincerely,
John
JEHM Co., Inc.
1-800-521-6258

fishmama
02-15-2008, 06:10 PM
What John so smuggly forgets is that during our discussions before purchasing my items, I pointedly asked him where items go if I have a problem, and he point blank told me "to us."

He also doesn't seem to understand that I am not an authorized repair person...and I did try to troubleshoot...that's why I opened it up!!! Certainly not just for the heck of it! I even took time to bucket test it per his suggestion, then he has the audacity to state "if you had spent some time trying to troubleshoot"...that's why I reached out to him in the first place and asked him "John, maybe you can help me troubleshoot" in those exact words!!! I could have just shoved it in a box and shipped it back. Shipping it back was the LAST thing I wanted to do.

I guess John expects that if someone has problems with a brand new, out of the box product it is the customers problem. And whatever inconvenience is incurred is okay. Even in his response to me he is still trying to assign blame to the customer and act as if he is doing me "a big favor".

He also assumes the plumber did not read the instructions. I was sitting in the same room when he did. Nowhere in the instructions does it state that the unit is "not self-priming"...and this is a unit intended for inline use. And the wording "do not operate without water inside impeller chamber"...can simply mean don't just plug it in without having an immediate water supply link.

He also states..."please note that all aquarium water pumps need to be flooded suction"...well, why didn't he say that when I purchased it. It is not in the instructions anywhere. I guess John thinks everyone should work for an aquarium supply company and have his knowledge.

Thanks for nothing John....your condescension and blame continue to amaze me. It is clear to me you feel you do your customers a "favor" and they do nothing for you...except aggravate. And your memory is interestingly selective. You made no mention of "making it up on my next order" until the end of our final discussion, and only after a very long, uncomfortable pregnant pause...and it was more like "we will see if I can cut you a break on the next order..." hardly reassuring. You also never offered up shipping reimbursement, my husband had to ask you for it. As a matter of record, you never offered any help...we had to ask you for every bit of assistance.

Anyway...enough time wasted on this.

alpine
02-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Lisa, may I ask what pump was you had the problems with ?
roberto.

AADiscus
02-15-2008, 09:37 PM
We have bought pumps and all kinds of things from John and have had great service from him and his co-workers. I'm sorry you had such a terrible time.

fishmama
02-15-2008, 11:57 PM
I purchased QuietOne 4000 HH

dishpanhands
02-16-2008, 06:11 AM
My advise is to get a new plumber. I have never seen a inline pump that is self priming.

Ardan
02-16-2008, 06:32 AM
As per rules for this section

"only first hand experiences can be posted here"

everyone please follow the rules as I will have to edit posts:(

Ardan

GulfCoastDiscus
02-16-2008, 08:27 AM
I been buying from Jehmco for years and have never had a problem. He has always credited or replaced any items was not right or broken.
I'm sorry for your bad experience with John.

GrillMaster
02-16-2008, 12:07 PM
I have never had any problems with Jehmco. John has been more than helpful with me. They dont try an make any money on shipping costs like some other online dealers do. I usually recieve the stuff I order the next day but they are in Jersey so they are pretty close.

Sorry you had a bad time with them.

tc
Mark

fishmama
02-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Mark-I hadn't had any problems with them prior to this either, that's why I have been so taken aback by John's demeanor with me from my very first call for his help.

fishmama
02-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Dishpanhands-I think you are missing the point. While I am none too happy about the original placement of the pump by the plumber, ultimately, that was not the issue nor cause the damage.

It was John's poor handling and lack of customer support that set me off. Never during any of our conversations was he proactive in his attempts to help. I had to ask and push for assistance.

brewmaster15
02-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi Lisa,
I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with Jehmco.:( Mine has always been excellent..

I editted your last post....It'd be best to contact that member and have them post their first hand experiences here, rather than quote them...

I also merged this thread with other Jehmco threads.

Take care,
al

fishmama
02-16-2008, 03:38 PM
No problem.

One more point-the "instructions" that John accuses the plumber of not reading are extremely vague and never state exactly how to install. It certainly never stated "do not install above water line" or even "must be installed below water line" or "not self-priming".

This is what the instructions say:

[quote
Installation: Position the pump so the power cord will not be damaged.
Mod.1200-3000-4000-4000HH-5000-6000 version with elongated pre-chamber.
The pump is threaded on both intake and output side, with 1/2" (model 1200), 3/4" (model 4000HH), and 1" fittings (models 3000-4000-5000-6000). The thread has a standard GAS pitch (Europe) or MPT (USA) and can be used with a vast range of couplings and accessories easily found on the market.

end quote]

I use this only to illustrate that John would rather find us liable as to perhaps the manufacturer.

fishmama
02-16-2008, 04:11 PM
As the forum allows, here's a link to another thread on this very forum with a similar issue:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=60868&highlight=jehmco

alpine
02-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Lisa, John has always been extremely helpful to everyone , a gentleman and has share his expertise and advise to his customers , me being one of them . I have purchased water pumps from him and he has always advise properly . Even the ones that say Self Priming , he has advised against using them totally in that fashion. I looked up the pump you purchased : http://www.jehmco.com/html/water_pumps___power
heads.html and it says submersible or inline , no where it says self priming . I seem to agree with dishpans on the plumber advise because of having set that pump high up and dry.
Maybe all this came about because of lack of positive communication , you have been overworked and so exited about that beautiful fishroom you are creating .
I hope you and John mend things up , he is a true asset to have as a supplier and after all he did take care of your pump problems.
Looking foward to see how the fishroom develops and thanks for sharing the pictures on simplycichlids,

roberto.

fishmama
02-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi Roberto-

Thanks for the kind words. I have been painting for the last two days. And yes, it is a big job getting this fishroom underway. I made a lot of progress today.

As far as plumber vs. instructions vs. placement...it's not the issue. That did not cause my problem. Of course it was a cause for concern with John but, he never once listened to me when I said we did not sit and run it dry and cause the damage. I did everything John suggested before I returned it. And, I feel very confident in stating the broken impeller was damaged before I even took it out of the box. John told my husband if the damage was due to running dry, we would have to pay. Well, it wasn't and we didn't. I'm not even upset with the plumber...perhaps I should be merely because it became a distraction from the real issue.

At this point I only feel compelled to point out (because my thread has been reassigned to a seemingly Jehmco pep rally thread when a previously entered poor experience was not) that NEVER in any way have I been disagreeable, argumentative, disrespectful, negative, or contentious in ANY of my entries into ANY forum anywhere! Heck...I have never even submitted any negative feedback on the internet....ANYWHERE...NEVER!!! That includes aquabid, ebay, anything!

I try to conduct myself in the highest standard...and in a respectful, family friendly manner. You won't even find anything foul mouthed or unfriendly in this forum from me. Or any forum for that matter.

I'm glad that others have have a good experience with Jehmco. I just haven't found any feedback of any problem related handling nature that was detailed. They are the lowest price available. I spent a good deal of money there, and was a good (albeit small, I'm sure, by Jehmco standards) customer with a lot more to purchase. Too bad John didn't take that into consideration. We had a few great, informative discussions prior to all this. I just don't understand why he decided to be disrespectful and rude with me.

I normally don't make issue of anything...you have to REALLY mess up to get me this upset. Normally I choose to talk with my pocketbook and just leave...find another company. But this was just uncalled for. And after John literally laughed at my question..well...I had had enough.

"Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice, shame on me."

Take care...off to get photos up on simplycichlids of my work today!! I'm excited!!!

Take care,
Lisa