PDA

View Full Version : SoCal newbie

UnReel
01-31-2007, 10:01 PM
Hello everyone, new guy on the block from So Cal. My name is Behdad and I'm married and have a 14yo son and work 7 days a week. Tough to keep a nice discus tank and work that many days, hrs and raise a family but I love my tank and cant be without one in the house. Got turned onto this site by a buddy on a fishing website that mentioned he purchased a few discus from Kenny at I.D. and he then forwarded this site info to me. Glad he did, I enjoyed the site so much I had to join. This place is great and its nice to see all the discus info that is shared here. Resources are great too!!!. Currently I have a 72gln bowfront tank with live plants and 6 discus from 3 to 4 1/2". Two Cobalts, one Pigeon, Two seven color, and one snakeskin. Their nothing special but I've raised them since they where about the size of a quarter and they're great to watch and enjoy. Hope to swap them out soon with some of the beautifull specimens I see sold by dealers here on SD as I've always wanted a group of high quality discus but never had access to them. Anyway, sorry to ramble but I just wanted to say hi and that this is a great site with tons of info. My fish are going to thank you ;) :) .

Behdad

greyhoundfan
01-31-2007, 11:41 PM
Welcome aboard Unreel. Glad to see you posting here. This is a great site with a lot of knowledgeable people.

PS. I'm Islandboy..:D

I just picked up some C.Sterbais today. My clean up crew, in QT.

UnReel
02-01-2007, 12:13 AM
New it was you ;) . Earlier I read your "rate my duscus" thred on and recognized your Red Leopard emediatly LOL!!. Thanks for the info that got me here. Tons of great info to absorbe. Tons of beautifull discus to look at too!!

AADiscus
02-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Welcome to Simply!

UnReel
02-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Kenny's Discus
02-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Hi Behdad - welcome to Simply and it was nice talking with you the other day.:)

Take care,
Kenny

UnReel
02-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks Kenny and it was a pleasure talking with you as well. Looking forward to placing my order soon. Oh ya. P.H was 7.6.