PDA

View Full Version : My stendkers from April/Jason are home!

traco
02-06-2007, 01:33 AM
Well, after a long day riding ferries, I picked up my new babies from Jason's shop. I got to see April's "secret fish room", all her discus and her 10 little babies from a spawn she had to pull from the parents cuz Mom was going to spawn again. Her santarems she got were better in real life, a photo really does not do justice sometimes of a discus' color. Met all her dogs, the teacup poodles really are tiny, and I would love to steal her daughter's cat, he's gorgeous.

Anyways, back to the fish. Went next door to Jason's shop and got to see all the strains of stendkers he got in. He had small ones like the ones I got, 2-3" and had some bigger ones which was neat to see what the babies were going to look like when they grew up. I also got to see all those wilds he and April made their road trip down to the States for, those were some big discus and beautiful to boot! I really enjoyed seeing what a big discus looks like, something for me to strive for.:)

I got seven little ones. I know I got a white pigeon, a red scribbled, blue snakeskin, flachen x snakeskin and .... ??? I forgot the rest, sorry, but they all are tiny and gorgeous. All I know is they survived the trip home, acclimated well and I can see them swimming around in the tank as we speak. No one is stressed or lying down which is good. Lights are off, temp is at 88 and I ended up taking out the cories and plecos for now. That way, I won't have to worry how salt is going to affect anyone. I can add them back later on once the discus get settled in and everyone stays healthy.

A BIG thank you to April for taking the time on her day off to pick me up and take me to Jason's shop, it was really appreciated. I would have definately got lost if I had to drive through Vancouver.

Same to Jason for taking time out of his busy day to answer all my questions, help pick out my discus, and package them up safe and sound for the trip home.

So, now I have two people to put the face to the name here on Simply. A lot of knowledge those two have; I'm lucky I'm just a ferry ride away. It was so neat to handpick out the babies I wanted.

And yes, I will post pics hopefully tomorrow of the new gang!! Wanted them to settle in and eat some breakfast tomorrow before I lug out the camera.:)

cobaltblue
02-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Congrats Barb!!! You waited a long time for your new babies. Enjoy them! And please post pics asap. :)

April
02-06-2007, 03:18 AM
it was great meeting Barb. shes a great person..and as other discus hobbyists know when they meet up with other discus forum people..there was no shortage of conversation.
marie..you shouldve driven up to be here for our discus meeting. lol. one of these days..
now...you have your babies..we want to see those guys grow big and fat.
It was my pleasure..driving you. wait till they are smiling for the camera..then take some pics.

Kindredspirit
02-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Barb! That is sooooooooo cool! I am so happy for you woman!:) I want to see them asap okay? So get that camera ready!

I am so very jealous I could not be there:( April I will come up there some day make no mistake about that ~ And I will see Barb to:) Barb you met Jason too? And you saw all the pups and what an awesome day yes??? And Aprils Fish Room? Wow.... I wish I can call you!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_109v.gif

Congrats Ms. Judge http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_15.gif

ed8t
02-06-2007, 01:38 PM
I love these kind of road trips, especially the kind where you get a nice bonus to bring home. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Congratulations on your new fish, some pics would be awesome!

Jason
02-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks for comming by Barb! it was nice to meet you and talk fish and dogs:p :p .....she got to meet my wild dogs too;)

AmberC
02-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Barb.. I read this first thing this morning, but then had to get Crista to school so couldn't reply, but that is awesome!! I cannot wait to see the pictures! I am glad you had such a great time with April and Jason :D