PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever partly frozen live CB's

Cakes
02-06-2007, 12:15 PM
I use a worm holder and accidently had my fridge to cold. About 25% are still alive. I fed many of the frozens and the fish loved them. What are my choices now: can they be frozen and still be allright?

billeagan
02-06-2007, 01:39 PM
I use a worm holder and accidently had my fridge to cold. About 25% are still alive. I fed many of the frozens and the fish loved them. What are my choices now: can they be frozen and still be allright?

let them thaw they should come back.

brewmaster15
02-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I had this happen once.. I lost all of them that were frozen..

Rinse these very very very well after they thaw and use as soon as possible.. any gray worms...don't feed... you risk a bacterial infection if the worms rot the few days..

hth,
al

Harriett
02-06-2007, 02:16 PM
We are having a major cold snap in Chicago and I am having trouble with worm water freezing on the top layer; I just gently run warm water over the tub in the sink, float off the dead ones, rinse aggressively, and put in fresh dechlorinated water--they can withstand this situation for the most part, unless they are virtually frozen solid and you don't catch them in time. If they look or you 'vibe' this as iffy, dump them, it isn't worth the consequences.
Best regards
Harriett

Cakes
02-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Thank you for all the replies. I did as said and slowly rinsed them. 90% made it just fine.