PDA

View Full Version : SUNKEN EYE

Elaine_Bryant
02-09-2007, 01:53 AM
I noticed one of my discus (baby) was swimming weakly so after looking at him for awhile I saw one of his eyes was smaller and sunken in, it probably just looks smaller but its sunken in so deep its about flat with his body. Checked my water and all the other discus in the tank are fine. I can reach in and touch him and get no reaction so I don't think hes going to make it. Has any one else experienced this? thanks

Elaine_Bryant
02-09-2007, 02:45 AM
To late, I just checked on him and hes dead. I can only guess that he injured himself somehow. poor guy.

Polar_Bear
02-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Hi Elaine,
Sorry to hear of your loss, it's always tough losing one. Unfortunately I have never heard of sunken eye so I can't help with a diagnosis.

steve.ryall
02-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi Elaine,
I am sorry you lost your little fish. Maybe it was for the best.
I just thought that I would let you know of my experience. I bought a fish over 2 years ago now, only about 2", but this fish only had one eye. It proved to be a female, and was always very gutsy. She is now one of a pair of Pigeon Bloods, that are sitting with fry right now. I guess I am trying to say that even with an obvious flaw, these fish can come good.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18400&d=1159636187
This is One Eye

Steve

Kindredspirit
02-09-2007, 10:34 AM
aww..Elaine I am sorry to hear this! You have taken some hits lately yes? What is that saying ( that I use to hate ) "that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger"...?

Hang in there woman:)

Steve I didnt know you had One Eye! She gets her food okay and all? She sure is pretty!

Marie ~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_6_9.gif

Elaine_Bryant
02-10-2007, 11:56 PM
thanks so much everyone. I keep thinking "now WHY did I want to get back into discus!" But then I see the little guys swimming and tearing up their bloodworms and slapping each other in the face with their tails. LOL