PDA

View Full Version : Mix breed with Red Turq and Red Melon ?

diamond_discus
02-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Does anyone know what would the frys look like for a mixed with red turquoise(mom) and red melon(dad) ? I want to try some frys from a local breeder but I worry that this mix would create lots of peppering. I don't want any fish with too much peppering. Would they become pigeon blood ? half melon ? half turq ? Please advise.

cobaltblue
02-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Your going to get alot of peppering on these fry. Not a good cross imo.

Squiggy
02-09-2007, 01:21 PM
My guess is that they'll look like burnt toast....:crazy:

genek
02-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know what would the frys look like for a mixed with red turquoise(mom) and red melon(dad) ? I want to try some frys from a local breeder but I worry that this mix would create lots of peppering. I don't want any fish with too much peppering. Would they become pigeon blood ? half melon ? half turq ? Please advise.

This is not your copy right picture, you shouldn't post it in public forum.

diamond_discus
02-09-2007, 02:51 PM
He sent me the pic ... I didn't realize this would violate any copyright matter ... but thanks for your advise. I will be more careful next time. How can I remove the picture from this thread. My bad :(

By the way, thanks for the input from others ... I definitely don't want too many peppering fish.

diamond_discus
02-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Never mind ... I figure out how to remove the picture. Sorry if I offend anyone by posting pics that was not own by me. I need to make a decision soon this morning and I wasn't thinking properly .. :(

genek
02-09-2007, 02:55 PM
He sent me the pic ... I didn't realize this would violate any copyright matter ... but thanks for your advise. I will be more careful next time. How can I remove the picture from this thread. My bad :(

By the way, thanks for the input from others ... I definitely don't want too many peppering fish.

All of the baby discus look like their Dad (Red melon). Yes, they do have some peper on them.