PDA

View Full Version : Sure is great to meet discus friends!

Ardan
02-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Today I had the great joy of meeting 3 people from here in person:) :) :)
Larry (Polar Bear) invited me to stop at his house in Illinois. What a pleasure! A very wonderful person with some absolutely fabulous discus and plants:) :)
Then Harriet and Joe (squiggy) came for a visit too.:)
A very warm and welcoming group:) It was great to talk about discus and tropical fish keeping.
I really enjoyed it and would like to thank all of you especially Larry for his hospitality and generosity.
I now have a wonderful piece of driftwood for my large tank (oscars will go in there) and some wonderful plants for me to try my luck with in a separate tank.

Thank you for inviting me there and thank all of you for the wonderful visit. I hope to make it to Chicago next month for your meeting. I look forward to it.:)

Ardan

traco
02-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Ardan, you lucky guy! Getting to meet fellow discus lovers and you had a grab bag of goodies to take home with you.

Squiggy
02-17-2007, 08:50 PM
wow....same thing happened to me today....:crazy:

Polar_Bear
02-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Ardan,
Meeting you and your son was a joy and I certainly hope to see you again soon. Like you, one of my favorite things is to talk to other aquarists. Thank you so much for such an enjoyable afternoon.

GrillMaster
02-19-2007, 09:11 PM
You lucky b-stards!!!!!!! How great is that! There is nothing better than meetin another forum member!

I want to meet ya all!

I hope everyone can get together this spring up here in Ct. I dont know what Al's plannin, but I know it will be great!

tc
Mark

Kindredspirit
02-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Well how cool is that Ardan!! How fun ~ I shall meet Larry and Ingrid and Harriett at the ACA in July ~ and Amber and hopefully Connie and Teresa ~ Steve and Ana too:)

Marie ~ :balloon:

Darren's Discus
02-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Anyone up for a road trip to oz ! my door is always open for discus lovers i'll even shout the drinks ! you just buy the airfares !!!

cheers

GrillMaster
02-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Well how cool is that Ardan!! How fun ~ I shall meet Larry and Ingrid and Harriett at the ACA in July ~ and Amber and hopefully Connie and Teresa ~ Steve and Ana too:)

Marie ~ :balloon:

What ya doin way the hell out there anyways!! The best discus keepers live out here on the east coast! :D :p

Damn!! I hope Kenny, or A/A dont read this!!! :p Dan dont count cause he is in the middle...:D

So hows that treat ya'll? ;)

Mark