PDA

View Full Version : Whom Have YOU Met From Simply?

Kindredspirit
02-19-2007, 09:26 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_10_5.gif

Ardan gave me this idea:) Who ( or is it Whom? ) have you met since joining Simply Discus?

I have met:

Jon ~ WineCountrydiscus

Mike ~ Mikcus

Kenny ~ International Discus ~ Loverboy

Tina ~ Tpl*Co

Deb ~ One of the Mods at Sc

Candy ~ Candy

Cliff ~ CliffDiscus

I hope I have not forgot anyone ~

And I hope to meet many more at the ACA in July in Sacramento:) such as Paul * Andrew & Angela * Larry and Ingrid * Steve and Anna * Connie * Teresa * Amber * Andrew * Barb * and many more! I have scheduled a week off just for that event:D

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

GrillMaster
02-19-2007, 09:36 PM
There is nothing better than meeting fellow members of the hobby that you love!

Marie, I hope that you can make it out in the spring to meet yet more members that simply love this hobby!!

East coast has the looks!! :D ;)

tc
Mark

Kindredspirit
02-19-2007, 09:44 PM
I was born in Ill, Mark:) I do not think I will be able to make it anywhere that requires the green stuff:( ...or a plane ~ I do not do planes well:o

I work a lot I am afraid ~ but I already have my vaca planned around the ACA....and hopefully some time to hook up with Steve and Ana ~ I think they are coming the week before or the week after to visit Ms. Pringles:)

It will be very sad if I can not get the time off tho ~ as two weekends in a row is .....wishful thinking:p To come all the way to Cali and not meet them would....cut deep ~

I would love to meet you Mark!! You would so make me laugh ~

Marie ~ :balloon:

traco
02-19-2007, 09:48 PM
I've been lucky so far and have met April and Jason over in Vancouver. I've talked to Marie and Amber a lot on the phone so feel like I know them, haven't met face to face but still meant a lot. I'd love to meet more though. Hopefully, ACA will factor into my plans in July.

April
02-19-2007, 09:56 PM
well..i have met none other than the famous tony stout..and..i met willie . i also met karin and harry who live in washington . they just started reposting again now they got new baby discus.
i also met...lets see..well glenn and jason...had to import jason..and i met..greg richardson.
thinking...ive met local people who post on simply. theres lots here in vancouver who read but dont actually post .oh i met cobaltblue..

Polar_Bear
02-19-2007, 09:56 PM
That would be "whom"

Ardan
Squiggy
Harriett
Bill Eagan
CrazyEddie
Tiffany
Andres
Kurt
Cary
Dissident

Actually about as many more again, but none of them post often and I can't remember their niks. Hopefully RandalB in March.

Of course everyone you posted in July, and especially you Marie

April
02-19-2007, 10:03 PM
geez..larry..you met alot. im moving to the east. lol.

GrillMaster
02-19-2007, 10:05 PM
I have had the pleasure of meetin Brew. I also have met Scolly (Steve).

I can honestly say, if it wern't for Al, I would be over there on the planted tank doin what I had been doin the last few years...

It was Al that gave me the fish to pursue the hobby. Since then, I have been pretty much hooked.

I cant wait to meet others that share the same obsession.

tc
Mark

Polar_Bear
02-19-2007, 10:07 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{April}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} It was a terrible over sight on my part and I apologize. You will be there in July?

btw thank you so much for the doggie stuff, Cubby LOVES the little stuffed animal and Teddy won't let anyone near his fish, not even Dad. I kept the large fish for me, I love the noise it makes.

Kindredspirit
02-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Hopefully, ACA will factor into my plans in July.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_20_2.gif

I thought NO? YES? Could you imagine the fun ( and trouble we are gonna get into? )...now if we can just get April and Connie and Teresa.....Deb...hell everyone!

Kindredspirit
02-19-2007, 11:57 PM
and especially you Marie

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

AmberC
02-20-2007, 12:00 AM
I've been lucky so far and have met April and Jason over in Vancouver. I've talked to Marie and Amber a lot on the phone so feel like I know them, haven't met face to face but still meant a lot. I'd love to meet more though. Hopefully, ACA will factor into my plans in July.

Man that would be awesome if you could still come Barb!! I haven't met anyone from Simply in person. But I talk to Barb and Marie all the time and feel like I have met them. I've talked to Ardan and RyanH on the phone (I still appreciate your help guys!!)

I just cant wait till ACA :D

White Worm
02-20-2007, 12:07 AM
I've met you Marie :D
Tina
Kenny
Sirini (at Kennys)
Louis, been to his shop in Oakland but not to the wherehouse yet.
One other person through kenny but forgot his name when we went to louis's shop.
kelvin (at kennys)
Tony (Sunrise trop) srdiscus
Dont remember if anyone else, lol. I do look forward to meeting a bunch at the ACA though.
Herman in San Fran is another that reads but does not post.

traco
02-20-2007, 12:50 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_20_2.gif

I thought NO? YES? Could you imagine the fun ( and trouble we are gonna get into? )...now if we can just get April and Connie and Teresa.....Deb...hell everyone!

Well, by July we'll ever be a break or make for work. And not too far a drive really. So hopefully all the cards will fall in the right places by then!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12_3_46.gif

troyclark
02-20-2007, 01:29 AM
So far I have met Brian (Jeep), Jack (Discus_KC) and Rob (rushmorediscus). I hope to meet many more. Thanks

P.S.

rushmorediscus, are you out there ??????

April
02-20-2007, 02:39 AM
ill try..make it. no promises. long drive..and id need time off. and what about the poodles? do they let you put poodles in the tanks for display?
larry glad you got your parcel. your not a dog you know..no fish for you. lol.

steve.ryall
02-20-2007, 06:57 AM
Marie, like I said before, you have a week off for the ACA, then throw a sicky for the weekend that we are over...sorted!!!:D

As for meeting people from SD, being over here in the UK, I dont get to see many. But I have met and made great friends with Paul (Admin - pcsb23) in fact I dropped in on him this last weekend for a cuppa. I also know Paul Lucas of Discus-South and his wife Ange & Jeff Cannons who are great people too.

Steve

Kindredspirit
02-20-2007, 09:32 AM
ill try..make it. no promises. long drive..and id need time off. and what about the poodles? do they let you put poodles in the tanks for display?
larry glad you got your parcel. your not a dog you know..no fish for you. lol.

Well April ~ we can teach you how to be a Speed Demon and you well get here fast woman!

I never got my parcel:(

LizStreithorst
02-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Cary,
Jack,
Dottie,
Mat (ShinShin)
Carol,
Heiko Blhler
Jessie555 and family ;)
Ryan,
2 Asian Willies,
Alpine
Linda,
Nicholson and family,

April
02-20-2007, 12:21 PM
i think i wont learn how to be a speed demon from you marie... cant afford it.maybe your parcel will get there today marie.. larrys had to go further..and he has his already. yours was sent the same day. maybe i put the wrong name on the package. i put..dawn marie..aka kindredspirit.

AmberC
02-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Marie, like I said before, you have a week off for the ACA, then throw a sicky for the weekend that we are over...sorted!!!:D

As for meeting people from SD, being over here in the UK, I dont get to see many. But I have met and made great friends with Paul (Admin - pcsb23) in fact I dropped in on him this last weekend for a cuppa. I also know Paul Lucas of Discus-South and his wife Ange & Jeff Cannons who are great people too.

Steve

Oh I forgot! I have been to Steve and Annas via webcam.. does that count? ;)

wolfbane
02-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Geez, I feel so all alone! Lol, I've met Dan of Gulfcoast Discus, that's all. Hey, maybe you guys could set up a webcam during the conference, then we homebodies could see ya'll having fun!

Harriett
02-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Let's see:
Cary
Larry
Joe [squiggy]
Bill Eagan
Tiffany
Andres
Cosmo
SE Billy
Ardan
Randall
Vince
I know there are a few other folks who came to the discus meeting in November whose names I am missing and you have my apologies! We are about to have another meeting date and I will post within the next day or so.
Best regards
Harriett

Ardan
02-20-2007, 07:14 PM
I have had the great pleasure to meet Cary, Randal, Larry, Joe, and Harriet.:)

Ardan

Ed13
02-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Not to distract from the original purpose of the thread but, to me its not who you have met (I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any member yet), but who do you wan't to meet;) So far there are members from Ct to Chicago, Florida and Cali that I hope to meet one day, as well as some from Asia and one that I would probably have to follow to the Amazon to meet up with him!

LizStreithorst
02-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Not to distract from the original purpose of the thread but, to me its not who you have met (I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any member yet), but who do you wan't to meet;) So far there are members from Ct to Chicago, Florida and Cali that I hope to meet one day, as well as some from Asia and one that I would probably have to follow to the Amazon to meet up with him!

Ed, I was thinking that just a bit ago. Please start a new thread.

RyanH
02-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Tad and Oodi in Yosemite a couple of years ago when I went out for a visit. :)

Kindredspirit
02-20-2007, 10:47 PM

Put it here Ed! I WAS going to incl that but I was thinking that some may feel left out if no one wanted to meet them? lol!!

I guess not! Go for it:D

Kindredspirit
02-21-2007, 12:14 AM

uh huh ~ I remember that trip:( Ya just blew me off ~ remember?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_165_4.gif

Darren's Discus
02-21-2007, 12:48 AM
It's hard being in sunny north queensland perfect discus weather and water just a little to far to go to meet some of you.I have had the pleasure of meeting Rod Lewis,great guy good set up and great fish hopefully one day i will get to meet more of the simply family in person !

cheers

Ed13
02-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Put it here Ed! I WAS going to incl that but I was thinking that some may feel left out if no one wanted to meet them? lol!!

I guess not! Go for it:D

Nope, cause that would change the purpose of this thread. As far as not hurting anyone feelings and to minimize the space used maybe a top 5 or top 10 list is necessary? What do you think? Thinking off only 5 members is tough isn't?

Kindredspirit
02-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Nope

babyhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

oodi
02-21-2007, 11:02 AM

Geez, Ryan... that was over 2 years ago already. It doesn't seem like that long ago. If I remember correctly, I had just nailed Tad with a snowball. :D

Judi
:)

GrillMaster
02-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Damn!! I jus wanna meet everyone!!! Anyone here on Simply that shares the same passion is on my meetin list!! :D

tc
Mark

t_j
02-21-2007, 09:38 PM

Aren't you guys so lucky.

Oh, how I miss Yosemite:( I use to live out that way when I was younger use to be in Yosemite every weekend.

Kindredspirit
02-21-2007, 11:30 PM
You did Tiff? I did not know that did I? lol! I love the Yosemite! Kenny is picking me up and we are going:)

t_j
02-22-2007, 12:07 AM
You are so lucky the air out there is so fresh and the sites out there are so nice too. I use to live in Groveland (I think thats how you spell it) and Big Oak Flats. I just hate the ride up to Groveland us "natives" call the road there "The Grave". Have you been there before?

Polar_Bear
02-22-2007, 02:41 AM
You are so lucky the air out there is so fresh and the sites out there are so nice too. I use to live in Groveland (I think thats how you spell it) and Big Oak Flats. I just hate the ride up to Groveland us "natives" call the road there "The Grave". Have you been there before?

I don't remember Groveland, but I know Big Oak Flats.

Kindredspirit
02-22-2007, 03:34 AM

Ditto that Larry ~ I think I have Tiff .....I can remember vaguely...lol!

t_j
02-22-2007, 09:45 AM

Groveland is the first town you hit when you get up the mountian and then comes Big Oak Flats.

swinters66
02-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I havent met anyone from here.....

poconogal
02-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Marie, I've met Teresa Pastrana, we've become friends! Nobody else, though.

Kindredspirit
02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Nobody else, though.

not yet:)

poconogal
02-22-2007, 01:01 PM
not yet:)
Right, NOT YET!!!! But, July is coming closer...

RyanH
02-22-2007, 01:03 PM
uh huh ~ I remember that trip:( Ya just blew me off ~ remember?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_165_4.gif

Actually Marie, I think it was the trip out last spring that I blew you off. I couldn't help it though. I planned the trip poorly and then I got sick. :(

RyanH
02-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Geez, Ryan... that was over 2 years ago already. It doesn't seem like that long ago. If I remember correctly, I had just nailed Tad with a snowball. :D

Judi
:)

LOL. I was pretty sure that Tad was up to no good in that pic but I couldn't remember the details. I'm sure he deserved the snowball. :D

Time flies huh?

Tad
02-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Yup Ryan,
Snowball to the head with rock in center...Was a great time we had ...too bad we didnt hook up last year with You and Shannon on your trip out west......Try coming out again around ACA this year and you can hang out with Jeep, Jack, Korbi and Us LOL.

Tad

PS: you owe me a Black and Tan :p

dragonlover
02-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Thank you Simply! I am the luckiest....only been on the site a week or so and already met Jack AND saw his basement AND took home fish. Let the hate mail commence...;)

tpastrana
02-25-2007, 12:48 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_10_5.gif

Ardan gave me this idea:) Who ( or is it Whom? ) have you met since joining Simply Discus?

And I hope to meet many more at the ACA in July in Sacramento:) such as Paul * Andrew & Angela * Larry and Ingrid * Steve and Anna * Connie * Teresa * Amber * Andrew * Barb * and many more! I have scheduled a week off just for that event:D

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

Marie,
Sorry I just found this thread!!!
I would love to meet you too!!! As well as a bunch of other people here.
I know you all know I have met Connie and have become really good friends with her. I also met Lauren, but that's it. I hope to meet others in the future.
Teresa

Kindredspirit
02-26-2007, 02:38 AM
I was wondering where you were!! I shall let you slide I suppose as life does get in the way at times....yes?

I hope you guys do come out to Cali in July ~ what fun huh?

poconogal
02-26-2007, 10:30 AM
I was wondering where you were!! I shall let you slide I suppose as life does get in the way at times....yes?

Marie, the only thing that will stop me is if I can't pay for it!

Kindredspirit
02-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Ya think? And that has GOT to be expensive ~ Ya know....I open my home to you and Teresa ~ save on hotel:) I am off from work that Wednesday - Sunday ~ A car you can rent or kick it with me ~

Marie ~ :coffee:

steve.ryall
02-26-2007, 11:28 AM
We never got that offer Marie, we have had to pay for a 5 star hotel in the middle of SF. :p

and we are coming from the UK just to see you!!!!

poconogal
02-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Ya think? And that has GOT to be expensive ~ Ya know....I open my home to you and Teresa ~ save on hotel:) I am off from work that Wednesday - Sunday ~ A car you can rent or kick it with me ~

Marie ~ :coffee:

Oh, Marie, thanks yet again, you've already invited me to your home! But my husband wants to come too... so we thought we'd just get a hotel room, which reminds me, I'd better start shopping around for airfares and hotels! Like NOW!!!!!

Kindredspirit
02-26-2007, 08:52 PM
We never got that offer Marie, we have had to pay for a 5 star hotel in the middle of SF. :p

and we are coming from the UK just to see you!!!!

***? I so did offer you guys didn't I? Well, if I didn't then it is cuz you guys will be on your honeymoon.........hellooooooooooooo???

(smack him Anna:D)

And YOU wanted to stay in the City Steven!! I helped you find that place!!

( hit him again Anna! )

Kindredspirit
02-26-2007, 08:53 PM
I'd better start shopping around for airfares and hotels! Like NOW!!!!!

umm....that'd be a yes woman ~ I know lots that already have one;)

tpastrana
02-27-2007, 10:42 PM

Life sure does get in the way at times. Lately I've been doing way too much after work. Then coming home doing my water changes, jumping on the computer,frantically scanning S.D. because I am addicted. So I sometimes miss things then see them later on. I hate that:mad: .
I would love to come out to Cali in July;) That would be awesome!!!!

Teresa