PDA

View Full Version : Red Panda's

tpastrana
02-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi all:wave:
I was wondering if anyone here can post a picture of what a Red Panda looks like? I was at my LFS yesterday getting my usual supplies and always look at what they have in the tanks. This store is a fish store only, nothing else but what goes with it. They somtimes have some really nice stock. I have never bought a discus from them, but I alway's look. They had a 6 inch Red Panda that was just gorgeous!!! But what they say is a Red Panda might not really be a red Panda. I have seen Discus in there with names that I knew were not what they said. But I know the average person would not even have a clue.
I have never seen a Red Panda before so I was hoping someone here could post a quick pic to look at.
Thanks
Teresa

LizStreithorst
02-25-2007, 11:01 AM
They're Red Pigeons. It's a Wattley strain.

tpastrana
02-25-2007, 11:46 AM
They're Red Pigeons. It's a Wattley strain.

Thanks Liz,
I just googled it, this fish looks nothing like the Wattley strain. I have no idea
what it is. I know it does have some pigeon blood in it though. Dont know the rest. Thanks

Ed13
02-25-2007, 12:13 PM
I once saw the name use to describe a Calico, red white,cloud leopard looking discus:confused: . But the name its usually used when reffering to the red pidgeon, Wattley strain