PDA

View Full Version : Thank You April & Jason!

Kindredspirit
03-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Hey Guys! I got my Hydro - Sponge and flakes the other day! Boy, I am just very lucky lately huh? When I tried to open the flake it popped and flew all over the floor!:mad:

Did I sweep it up? Hell Yeah! Had to hurry tho as the cats and pups were moving in:) That sponge is the biggest Hydro Sponge I have ever seen guys...I have ROCKS on it to keep it down for a few days as nothing worked! lol!

Ya know I can not remember why I got this stuff.......? Was it for the directions or something ...or the trip you guys went on or Oregon...was it? lol! I put this sponge in my 55gal that I can not clear up....

Thanks again you guys!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

Ryan
03-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Squeeze the sponge really hard several times underwater to get it to soak in water, then it will stay down. I always do this with new sponges to rinse them out... sometimes they have dust in them from the box.

Kindredspirit
03-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Ryan I did that! LoL! I swear at least ten times ~ this sucker is HUGE! I never had this prob before with other ones....I like it tho ~ I can probably take off the rocks now I'm thinking~

April
03-19-2007, 01:45 PM
heh..i never saw this post..lol. now i did...
your welcome marie. surely by now its down...i squeeze mine at tight as i can in my hand..out of the water. then..when i put it in the water..it abosrbs water into those pores instead of air...
well you got it for guessing where we went ..shasta mountain.
that was sometime ago..i was waiting for you to move. lol.
well glad you didnt feed the flakes to the dogs..do your fish like them? mine love them.

April
03-19-2007, 01:49 PM
doesnt everyone use that size hydro? number 5. good up to about 100 gallons. bigger is better? all mine are that size even in my 20 gallon tank.....

traco
03-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Is that your guppy tank? They really are a great filter, big but great. Try aquascaping around something that size, heh?

AmberC
03-19-2007, 02:02 PM
I got a sponge filter once and I could never keep them down no matter how many times I squeezed them!! :angry: I did not like em that much lol. I just use the AC's now.

Amb

Kindredspirit
03-19-2007, 02:16 PM
heh..i never saw this post..lol. now i did...
your welcome marie. surely by now its down...i squeeze mine at tight as i can in my hand..out of the water. then..when i put it in the water..it abosrbs water into those pores instead of air...
well you got it for guessing where we went ..shasta mountain.
that was sometime ago..i was waiting for you to move. lol.
well glad you didnt feed the flakes to the dogs..do your fish like them? mine love them.

You are too funny, April! I adore ya:) Yes! My fish love the flake! I do squeeze that sucker man! Just like you do, and one can only hold your hand under the tank for so long...we must work:) I just went downstairs now and it was floating! lol! After so many tries, I put a rock on top for a day or so!

Isn't is Mount Shasta? Or .........Shasta Mountain? No matter! Thank you guys so much for the goodies!

Marie ~ :balloon:

Tropical Haven
03-19-2007, 03:12 PM
I use the 5's in all of my tanks as well.

Ryan
03-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I use IVs (4s) :confused: Maybe I need to upgrade.

Kindredspirit
03-19-2007, 05:30 PM
I guess we do Ryan:)

April
03-19-2007, 08:12 PM
yeah thats it marie..mount shasta. nice place id like to go again as a tourist.
maybe on the way to sacramento. : )

Kindredspirit
03-19-2007, 08:30 PM
maybe on the way to sacramento. : )

Gosh that would be so much fun April if you guys came out to Sac for the ACA!! That is my next day off:( But it is a WEEK!

Marie ~ :balloon: