PDA

View Full Version : Confused About.....

t_j
03-15-2007, 11:46 AM
One of my discus was turning a little dark and hiding behind some plants. The first day I noticed this he wasn't eating. The second day he was still hiding and a little dark but eating. So I decided to put him in to QT tank thinking he was sick but as soon as I put him in the tank his color came back and vary happy. Every time I come up to the tank he's right there wanting to see me and he's just swimming around like nothing was ever wrong with him. So I really don't know what to do with him. Is he sick or does he just like being by him self???:confused:

Squiggy
03-15-2007, 01:32 PM
He was probably being picked on in the other tank...Unfortunately, they'll find the next weakest to intimidate with him gone. Its a paradox...

Joe

t_j
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Joe, thats what I was thinking but he has a little bit just a little of a cloudy eye. I missed a couple of water changes because I was sick and I'm thinking thats what the cloudy eye is from.

billeagan
03-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Joe, thats what I was thinking but he has a little bit just a little of a cloudy eye. I missed a couple of water changes because I was sick and I'm thinking thats what the cloudy eye is from.

Agree - the clouded was/is due to water conditions. You just brought in a bunch, right? It could be your filters adjusting to the new bio load.

AmberC
03-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Sounds pretty well sorted out :)

t_j
03-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Bill, I don't have them yet but I did get some new ones at the end of December. I thought it was from the other fish picking on him with the hiding and the water changes with the cloudy eye but I wasn't sure so I posted to find out ya or na. Thank You Bill and Joe.

Amber, it puts my mind at ease to know this:)