PDA

View Full Version : Good and Bad

wolfbane
03-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I have another Praecox spawn! One male was defending the clump of Narrow Java fern, guess that's where the eggs were dropped. Then this morning I saw them, like little slivers of glass, a dozen or so fry!

Also this morning, I lost my feline companion of these last 15 yrs. Tigger was a gentle and sweet big orange boy, he had been my children's friend, and will be sorely missed. He had lost a lot of weight, went from a strapping 15 lbs to 9 scrawny ones, and started having seizures. I released him from this life, doing what was best for him, not for me. Darn, now I'm crying again.

traco
03-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh Debbie so sorry to hear about your cat!:( I know exactly what you are going through as in the last year, I had to put my calico down. I still miss her.

You did the right thing though. It is very hard having to do it but he is in a better place now, so don't feel bad (easier said than done, though, isn't it?). He may just run into my calico up there.

Hugs to you and your family.

mmorris
03-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Ah Debbie, I'm sorry too. I worry now that my eldest cat is about 15 years old. But you know, that was one lucky guy you had, to have lived with you for 15 years! Martha

greyhoundfan
03-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Hang in there Debbie. Just think of the good like you provided for Mr. Tigger.

I lost my Greyhound a few years ago too.. I know how you feel.:angel:

wolfbane
03-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks all of you. I'm OK. It's just hard to say goodbye. Your kind words and understanding helped me through this day. I know others have suffered very hard losses lately, human losses,and I know humans are more important than animals, but you didn't belittle my pain, for that I'm grateful.

swinters66
03-18-2007, 10:42 AM
So sorry to hear about Tigger. I went through the same thing with my pug in Oct...so I know how you feel :( Tigger will always be with you though!!

Congrats on the fry!

LizStreithorst
03-18-2007, 10:55 AM
I don't care if it's stupid. I perfer to believe that they are all waiting for us and that we will see them again when it's our turn to leave.

fishmama
03-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Ahh, so sorry to hear about Mr. Tigger. But what a long, wonderful life he had with your family! What a lucky cat!