PDA

View Full Version : Styrofoam fish boxes?

Tropical Haven
03-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I was just wondering for the people who are shipping discus, where are you getting your styrofoam fish boxes from? LFS or a company that would be on the internet?

Ryan
03-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Good luck :( I had the same question and everyone basically said they got them from other people who had shipped fish to them. They just save and re-use the boxes. Some LFS may sell them to you (or give them to you, if they're feeling generous) but I couldn't find a place online to buy them.

I ended up making my own. Go get a cardboard box, build it and tape it really well, then use sheets of styrofoam from somewhere like Home Depot or Lowes to cut and fit the box. To prevent leaks you can get some of that spray foam to seal the corners. Then I taped the outside of the styro real good and put it in the cardboard box -- fit like a glove.

April
03-19-2007, 02:00 PM
well..all i know..is my wholesaler buys them back from people for 8.00 each. i have a whole pile next door in the yard..i might load them up and drag them there and collect money from them. or trade for fish. : )
id like to know that also. i think there is places..as some big breeders must order them..after all you need the box to fit the styro. fone up places who sell lobsters. they might know or sell you some. or im sure the lfs has tons..

April
03-19-2007, 02:03 PM
http://www.mrboxonline.com/corrugated-cardboard-boxes-insulated-shippers-c-21_102.html
here you go...just google it.

AADiscus
03-19-2007, 02:05 PM
We get ours from a local store. He gets shipments in every week on his Africans and salt water. We just call him and ask him to put some back for us. We have a garage full.