PDA

View Full Version : Angela and Andrew, do these look familiar?

tpl*co
03-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Or would look familiar if my crappy digital camara and even crappier photography skills show anything! :p

These guys are laying and practicing a lot lately ;)

They are acting like really good parents in the community tank and guarding the eggs well. The male is the neon turq and the female is the blue pigeon. (they are keeping everybody away from their corner)

Tina

Camden
03-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Congrades should be instresting to see how the fry turn out!

tpl*co
03-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Eggs were gone by mid morning today (though they did survive the night). They were guarding the eggs very well though. The female pigeon would even block the view of the eggs from everybody else with her body at times.

That always seems to be the case with discus though, if given a chance seems like pigeons and blues like each other :(. Must be a Romeo and Juliet kinda thing. I had the same thing with my RT Sampson and my other Pigeon Goliath, they only had eyes for each other.

Tina

Polar_Bear
03-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Tina,
Not a great pairing IMO. The fry will almost certainly be highly peppered.

tpl*co
03-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah I know, not my idea, was theirs ;) . Like I said, if I have a tank with both barred and pigeon together they always seem to find each other instead of their own kind.

Tina

AADiscus
03-25-2007, 10:06 AM
How exciting Tina! Your BP is less than a year old, FYI. But she does sound like she knows what she's doing. I think she will make a great parent if you ever decide to breed her. I agree with Polar that those two strains won't look very good. Let them have fun in the community tank though. ;)

roclement
03-25-2007, 10:30 AM
I agree, maybe not the best pairing but...pairing is what counts!

Nothing, and I mean nothing beats seeing two living creatures that are kept by you in an artificial environment, be so well adjusted as to not only survive, but thrive, and to reproduce!

Great job! Hope they breed for you!

Rod

tpl*co
03-25-2007, 12:18 PM
How exciting Tina! Your BP is less than a year old, FYI. But she does sound like she knows what she's doing. I think she will make a great parent if you ever decide to breed her. I agree with Polar that those two strains won't look very good. Let them have fun in the community tank though. ;)

I agree and I hope they aren't like Sampson and Goliath since they only had eyes for each other. They remembered and weren't interested when I had both separated with different discus. As soon as I put them back together though it was a different story!

There is another blue pigeon that may be a male and he/she is constantly watching what is going on from a respectable distance ;)

Tina