PDA

View Full Version : Need some Help diagnosing problem with discus

Camden
03-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Hey all, I was feeding one of my batches of discus today and saw that one of my smaller pigeon blood guys had a really bloated stomach. His appetite had decreased barely touching the food. The other fish have also begun to pick on him. Normally they school together and everything. I know they are singling him out because he is sick so I put in a divider. I also added aquarium salt to help with stress. My water Parameters are fine and I've been doing 50 % water changes every other day. Temp varies during the day from 85 to about 87. My girlfriend said she saw whitish feces coming from another discus without a bloated stomach. I haven't seen any stringing behind them yet. If she's right though that means either worms or Hex right? I've uploaded a vid because my pics always turn out horrible heh. Thanks for your help in advance!
Link to my poor fella :( =
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/Gamdian/?action=view&current=IMGP0730.flv

traco
03-23-2007, 11:26 PM
If he is bloated, it is epsom salt you want to use. Do a search for it and it will give the proper dosing.

Camden
03-24-2007, 11:21 AM
If he is bloated, it is epsom salt you want to use. Do a search for it and it will give the proper dosing.

So Epsom salt will cure the bloating and what is causing bloating? I thought maybe he was constipated and heard of people adding galric to their foods. Anyone heard of this?

Canadian_velvet
03-24-2007, 04:48 PM
I tablespoon of epsom salts per 10 gallons of water is the dosage for constipation. You should see him start to pass stool in the next 24 hours. If not, you can double the dose to 2 tbls/gallon.