PDA

View Full Version : Feeding pics

Deepak
04-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Can somebody post pics of fish actually eating BH mix ? I want to compare how I'm doing at preparing BH mix.

Camden
04-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Mine won't touch Beef Heart :( But they love the Bloodworms. I can post pics of that if you want :)

Deepak
04-12-2007, 02:19 AM
Always eager to see a Discus :) pl. go ahead

dragonlover
04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I tried to get some pics but they are just very blurry. Basically what happens when I feed homemade BH is a "feeding frenzy". If I hold it in my hand I get swarmed. they fight over it a lot. However, I have also tried frozen BH and they aren't near as interested. HTH....

(tried to add pics but for some reason my "manage attachments" button only works when it wants to....which is hardly ever:mad: )

Camden
04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Tried to get pics but fuzzy as well. They move too fast while feeding muching on the BW. At my next feeding I'll do a video for ya.

Deepak
04-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Thanks for all the trouble you guys are going thru for me :) BTW did you try using the 'Sports' mode in your camera ? or slowing down the shutter speed ?Also I just want mainly to see how the BH mix acts when put in the water while feeding.

Camden
04-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Alrighty here are my videos of a couple of my tanks. You'll have to excuse the crappy quality took it with a digital camera on movie mode. But enjoy!

First: http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/Gamdian/?action=view&current=IMGP0754.flv
this tank has
2 white pearls, ones my runt...the sucker just won't grow even though he eats all the time :(
Snow White-will only eat Bloodworms picky
2 Blue diamonds- Best growing out of this bunch
1 semi adult- Unknown was one of the first discus I got from an LFS. Don't have the heart to cull any of my fish heh.

Oh and my chiense bat fish already going to work :)

Second: http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/Gamdian/?action=view&current=IMGP0755.flv
Smaller tank only 35 gal
Neo Pigeon
Siam Ruby
Cobalt Blue- I think :/ LFS
Another unknown from the LFS

They pretty much pick apart the cubes and then swim around and eat whatever is left over. Stuff that makes it to the ground my batfish quickly gobbles up.

curleyk2.0
04-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I tried to get some pics but they are just very blurry. Basically what happens when I feed homemade BH is a "feeding frenzy". If I hold it in my hand I get swarmed. they fight over it a lot. However, I have also tried frozen BH and they aren't near as interested. HTH....

(tried to add pics but for some reason my "manage attachments" button only works when it wants to....which is hardly ever:mad: )

Are you freezing the homemade stuff, or making it all the time? I have always frozen my stuff, what did you mean exactly when you said the frozen stuff wasn't the same?

Green Country Discus
04-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Here is some little chow hounds eating BH mix. Sorry...no video. This is a older pic.

dragonlover
04-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Are you freezing the homemade stuff, or making it all the time? I have always frozen my stuff, what did you mean exactly when you said the frozen stuff wasn't the same?

Yeah, my post wasn't too clear. Everything I use is frozen....I meant that they like the homemade mix 1000% better than the pre-made cubes I bought from a LFS.

curleyk2.0
04-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Thats what I thought, but I wasn't sure. So then whats your secret ingredient? :D

dragonlover
04-13-2007, 10:01 PM
My secret ingredient is that I buy my beefheart from a Simply sponsor!!!! Hey, I'm no dummy....

Here are blurry pics...trying hard...