PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Anyone

Cosmo
04-11-2007, 08:46 PM
My wife may be offered a job in Newport News, anyone in or from that area? I'm thinking it's a beautiful part of the country but way expensive?

Anyone?

Jim

Kindredspirit
04-11-2007, 09:08 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=56991

:D

Cosmo
04-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Wow, is that weird or what?? 2 posts in one day asking about Virginia :confused: But yet... not a shred of useful information :p No Discus people live in Virginia :confused: :confused:

Greg Richardson
04-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Cosmo. See if Craigslist has a section. If so you can learn a lot by looking at house costs, etc.

Cosmo
04-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Good thought Greg. I know the wife's already been on the web looking a houses in Williamsburg but don't think she thought of Craig's list.. although she alway's reminds me to look there for other things.

Still a big maybe, but I'm thinking it's not snowing today in Virgina.. lol

AmberC
04-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi Jim! I am in Virginia.. thats why I was asking because I know there are people here, but I think they just lurk lol. I have been living here for a year and a half now and actually.. this is probably my 4th or 5th time here. I was born at Ft Belvoir which is near Quantico (Northern Va).

So what do you want to know? Whats the job your wife was offered? I'm not too fond of Newport News. It really depends on what area you are in tho. It goes from good to bad fast in many areas here.

I am in Portsmouth, about 30 min give or take from Newport News. You'd probably like the Williamsburg area if your wife wanted to commute a little bit, but honestly its not that far.

Amber

AmberC
04-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Good thought Greg. I know the wife's already been on the web looking a houses in Williamsburg but don't think she thought of Craig's list.. although she alway's reminds me to look there for other things.

Still a big maybe, but I'm thinking it's not snowing today in Virgina.. lol

LOL! I read this after I posted :D

Cosmo
04-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Amber,

She's been asked to interview for a VP/CFO position in Newport News. Good chance she'll be offered the job so I was just fishing for info at this point. I've been through Virginia a few times many years ago and remember it being a beautiful state, although I'm not familiar with Newport News.

If this happens I'm hoping to get a cushy gov't job and kick back until retirement.. lol What with all the military installations in the area... could happen :p

AmberC
04-12-2007, 12:52 PM
lol Yeah

Well check out Yorktown too. Virginia is a beautiful state :) There are just a few areas in the Hampton Roads I just dont care for much. Virginia Beach is nice, Chesapeake is decent, Portsmouth is up and coming. Norfolk.. it really depends on where in Norfolk you are lol. Newport News is pretty much the same. Williamsburg is really nice and my husband said Yorktown is supposed to be really nice too.

Then there are lots of really nice parks and places to visit. We just got a two year membership to the Norfolk Botanical Gardens, of course Virginia Beach.

My problem is that I lived in Hawaii for five years and nothing can match up to that lol.

Amber

Cosmo
04-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Amber,

Hawaii is tuff to beat :) I used to go there regularly on business and every now and then I'd get a chance to go out and about. Was really a bummer though leaving the hotel for work every morning when everyone else was dressed for and heading to the beach with Mai Tai's in hand :(