PDA

View Full Version : New to the community - Just got my first baby Discus

accessj
04-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi Everyone;

I'm new to this forum. I've been researching Discus for the last month in preparation to add some to my 75 gal tank that holds about 10 corry cats. I think I've tested that water about 30 times in the past two weeks to make sure that the parameters are right. The aquarium has been set up for about 7 years.

The discus just came today via UPS. They're already venturing out to eat some flakes. I thought they would be hiding for a few day after that bumpy ride. They wouldn't take the bloodworms, but the corry's sucked them up so so fast. I'll try them on beefheart tommorow. They're 2 1/2" Juvies from a breader in Ohio. I was suprised to see that they're showing some colors. I think they're beautiful already.

The attached pictures were taken without a flash.

best regards, Judi

curleyk2.0
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Good luck with them, and enjoy! You may want to ask what the breeder or supplier was feeding them. It always takes me a little time to get new ones eating the foods I usually feed my discus. Especially after shipping. Give them time and good water and they should be pigging soon!

Tropical Haven
04-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Good luck with them, is it just me or is it the angle of the discus on the second shot that makes their eyes really big?

accessj
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
hi Scott:

I looked at the fish and their eye do look bigger in the picture than in real life. My photographys skill are not yet developed. I think the shiny circle around their eyes reflected dark in that photo.

- Judi

Tropical Haven
04-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Glad to hear that, good luck with your discus and keep us posted on their developement with pics of course.

fishmama
04-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Welcome to SD...and enjoy thus fun new fishies!