PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have...

AmberC
04-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Discus of different sizes in one tank and have not seen any problems with the smaller ones growing?

How many have different size in one tank and HAVE seen problems with growth on the smaller ones?

Green Country Discus
04-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Never had a prob. If you want to get some sub adults out of their shell, toss in some 2" + juvies to get them showing their true colors and growth is not affected IMO.

AmberC
04-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the replies :)

I am just trying to decide if I should keep my smaller guys with my bigger guys. They were seperated before, because I always heard rumor that the bigger ones have a hormone to stop the smaller ones from growing and as other things.. its one side says yes and one side says no lol so how do you know what to believe.

It'll be easier to have all these guys in the one tank and I love seein them all together. The color is awesome!

Amber

White Worm
04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Most times I noticed the little ones always looking over their shoulders (fins) during feeding time so they didnt get eaten by the bigger ones (nervous). I think it keeps them from getting as much food as the adults. Its like a puppy in a pack of adult pit bulls when you throw in a steak. I have noticed less growth for the youngsters when they are with adults. I have limited experience but every time I noticed the same thing.

rppr21
04-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Discus of different sizes in one tank and have not seen any problems with the smaller ones growing?

How many have different size in one tank and HAVE seen problems with growth on the smaller ones?
one of my tanks have 11 discus all of them diferent sizes ; i beleave if you got a long tanks is better to do that since you can split the food in diferent places. as long that you see all of them eat good . you sholud have no problem. Maybe im lucky that all may fish have a nice realationship..." no fight". I been deal whit very agresive fish and what i do is move him to a different tank, coz hi dont let others eat , and there is when you should worry. i reaspect everybodys opinion , but that is my expirience.