PDA

View Full Version : New Visitherm Heater?

White Worm
04-18-2007, 10:43 PM
There is a deluxe version of the Visitherm stealth that has the light. I did not know this. Anyone use them yet? They are not all black so that would also help with fry.

LizStreithorst
04-19-2007, 07:11 AM
I was not aware of that, but I'm happy to hear about it. The Stealth is my heater of choice. The only thing I have against it is that doesn't have the light. It seems that the manufacturer is listening to what we hobbyists have to say.
Actually, I did a search and couldn't find what you are describing. There is a Visitherm Delux (not a Stealth) that has the light. It was the first heater they produced. It's glass. Except for the fact that the galss is quite thin it as a good heater. Is that the one you're refering to?

April
04-19-2007, 09:23 PM
well i used to use the regular visitherm..and i smashed all of them..from the thin glass and high heat..and no water..no shut off when they leave the water. then..add water..smash.
so how are the stealths? what happens if i drain the tank too low..and they are on and exposed to air instead of water? would the plastic melt? or do they shut off? i cant be trusted.to say i will never do that again..cause i know it will happen due to not paying attention.
ive heard alot of good about the stealths. so curious...right now im using hydors. they shut off .

svdfinally
04-19-2007, 09:32 PM
I only use the stealth heaters in all my tanks. They shutoff if the water level goes below the top (which means don't install them to high in the tank). I love these things...wish they did have a light to tell me that it is on but I guess you can't ask for everything (or can you?)

April
04-19-2007, 09:32 PM
ok answered my own question..it has a shut off and turns on again when water hits.
Visi-Therm Stealth Heater
* Submersible aquarium heater combines style with reliable performance
* Durable, shatterproof heater construction with "stealth" design
* Accurately maintains aquarium water temperature within 1° Fahrenheit

Sleek, inconspicuous aquarium heater design incorporates accurate, shatterproof performance. Reinforced plastic casing protects the components against thermal and mechanical shock to eliminate shattering. Shuts off automatically when out of water; restarts automatically when in water. Fully submersible. Temperature select dial and aluminum cylinder distribute core heat evenly and efficiently with ±1.0°

the deluxe..is the glass one..just revised from the original. i had those..those are the ones i broke all of them..those and the older version. just new packaging..fancier looking heater..still break when out of the water. take my word for it..broke my last one last week. they do heat good though.
i was also told by a guy who had a lfs..that his hydro bill was alot cheaper with those than with the ebos..as the ebos had thick glass..and more power to make them heat up.