PDA

View Full Version : Red Discus envy

Lotusan
04-20-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm getting jealous of everyone showing off their beautiful red discus and I wish I can get a hold of some.

Pic 1: I used to have 6 of these san merah's from aquafishcity. I don't know why I ever got rid of them. Here's my attempt to replace them:

Pic 2: Fire Red stendker - beautiful fish and definitely a keeper but 'the old pigeon peppering' in the nose area. can't see it much in the picture.

Pic 3: San Merah from Kenny. Definitely has potential but still at 3.5 inches. Hope to get more red and loose it's bars like the one I had on Pic 1.

Pic 4: Red Scarlet. Just got 10 of these and 7 of these are pretty much identical and awesome. well, tail still has the pigeon look 'dark'.

so I'm asking here ... will the 3R2's fit the bill for me?. will Kenny put me on his waiting list for them?

take care.

Royal_Discus
04-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Amazing discus~~~~~~~!!!!

VL67
04-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Nice pictures!:) Why did you ever get rid of the san merahs from Aquafishcity?:( Those fish look beautiful. By the way, is the san merah from Kenny bred by Tony Tan? Anyway, I'm with you on the red colored discus obsession; especially with all of the recent posts. Although my preference is the non-pidgeon gene strains. Thankfully I'm privileged enough to be on Kenny's Wayne Ng 3R2 waiting list!;) Good luck on the ones you are raising now.

Regards,

Vince

Discus Junky
04-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm getting jealous of everyone showing off their beautiful red discus and I wish I can get a hold of some.

Pic 1: I used to have 6 of these san merah's from aquafishcity. I don't know why I ever got rid of them. Here's my attempt to replace them:

Pic 2: Fire Red stendker - beautiful fish and definitely a keeper but 'the old pigeon peppering' in the nose area. can't see it much in the picture.

Pic 3: San Merah from Kenny. Definitely has potential but still at 3.5 inches. Hope to get more red and loose it's bars like the one I had on Pic 1.

Pic 4: Red Scarlet. Just got 10 of these and 7 of these are pretty much identical and awesome. well, tail still has the pigeon look 'dark'.

so I'm asking here ... will the 3R2's fit the bill for me?. will Kenny put me on his waiting list for them?

take care.I have some Super Red Melons and Marlboro reds nice size.

Kenny's Discus
04-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi Butch - nice pictures of fish you got there, thanks for sharing them.

If you're interested in the 3R2s from Wayne Ng you'll be on the list when they come in next month, no problem at all and thank you for your interests in ours. How have you been doing lately?:)

Hi Vince - you're sitting on top of that list already my friend. :D Thanks Vince.

Kenny

Lotusan
04-20-2007, 04:44 PM
thanks royal ...

vince ... laziness is why I got rid of all my discus a few years ago. i had about 10 tanks. replaced them with africans and only had to do water changes once every whenever. But heck they got big and started killing each other. I'm back in full swing with discus again so I'm in constant search. as far as the san merah's I have now ... gee, I never even asked Kenny where they were from. just trusted him to send me good stock ... 2 orders and so far (about 40-50 fish total) not disappointed.

heck, I may as well post some of the other discus I got from Kenny here.

Kenny's Discus
04-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Butch, every one of those fish you received from us were from Tony Tan of IP discus(with certs) remember? Where's your coffee this morning?:D :p j/k

Feel free to post those pics as I'm looking forward to seeing how they have progressed.

Thanks,
Kenny

Lotusan
04-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Hey Kenny ... you're right. I've been applying lacquer on my wifes newly installed tiles and man, that stuff can get to you.

here's a few pics ... taken about a week ago.

Lotusan
04-20-2007, 05:32 PM
a few more

Darren's Discus
04-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Very nice pics and fish some really nice reds you have there !

cheers

Elite Aquaria
04-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi Vince - you're sitting on top of that list already my friend. :D Thanks Vince.
Kenny

After me I hope:D :D :D

Dan

architect1
04-21-2007, 10:54 PM
nice pics of discus. love there colors.

Kenny's Discus
04-22-2007, 07:51 AM
After me I hope:D :D :D

Dan

Hey Dan, don't be jealous I also got you covered there...man I better list everyone on that list so there'll be no misunderstanding LOL...:D

Thanks Butch for those updated pics, they look good my friend. Re the 3R2s I hope Mr. Ng will provide me with enough so that they can be distributed to everyone who's interested in them.

Kenny

Elite Aquaria
04-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Kenny,

I know...I was only kidding...;)

I am sure that the demand will be greater than the supply. That always happens when a quality product is sold:D :D

Dan

Kenny's Discus
04-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Kenny,

I know...I was only kidding...;)

I am sure that the demand will be greater than the supply. That always happens when a quality product is sold:D :D

Dan

I know Dan...you know how I am I was joking with you too!:D Thank you for the kind words as always Dan.;)

Kenny