PDA

View Full Version : Never felt pain like this.....

Kindredspirit
04-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Sometimes I guess you have to look at your life and face the fact that you must do things that rip out your heart...to the point you can not breathe...

We have to give up our Newfoundlands as they can not move with us ~ Echo and Shamu....Shamu is my baby ~

Newfoundland Rescue of Northern Cali are picking them up this weekend to adopt them out to families ~ This organization has been so wonderful ~ they will update all shots, vet checks, and even take Shamu in for surgery on his cherry eye ~

The families on the waiting list for adult Newfs, are screened, they have a team of members go to the homes to make sure they are set up for large breeds, and the list goes on, guys ~ The families pay $500 for each adoption, and they are micro-chipped, so the Newf Rescue will be notified first ~

I was amazed at all of this ~

They are going to Lincoln which is 15 min from me ~ but I can not vist them due to obvious reasons ~

My heart is breaking now ~ I will surely lose it when that van pulls out of my driveway ~ it has been the darkest days of my life this past week ~

Thanks for listening guys ~ it helps some how....

M~

traco
04-20-2007, 11:54 PM
I have a friend who is a foster parent for dogs. The organization is just amazing, they definately have the dog's best interests at heart. They carefully screen any home that is interested in getting one of their dogs.

You picked the best way to make sure they go to excellent homes, Marie. And whoever does finally become their new home, is the best home the Newfi Society made a match with.

So very hard for you, but even in all this upset, you had the fore thought to contact this Society and found the best way to ensure they will be going to the best home.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_8_19.gif

greyhoundfan
04-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Oh..Marie..sending you a big hug now. It must be hard to give up your babies. I have been on the receiving end. I went through the whole screening process when I wanted to adopt a retired racing greyhound. These organizations know what they are doing and will put yor newfies in a loving home.

Darren's Discus
04-21-2007, 02:17 AM
Marie,
it's one of the hardest things to do, I had to let my dog go when i had a marriage break up, I thought it was bad loosing my wife but that pain was nothing compared to waving my dog good bye at least i could get some comfort in knowing she went to a great home and was loved ! (the dog that is) who know's which house the other one turned up at !

keep your chin up thinking of you .

cheers

April
04-21-2007, 03:19 AM
oooh sorry to hear marie..but sometimes its unavoidable. you are doing the right thing the way your finding homes for them. i have a customer who adopted two older ones. she loves them dearly..so i know theres the right place for them out there. sounds like they are going to make sure they get good care.
i had to give up some dogs in my times also.
ill be thinking of you. they will be ok.

pcsb23
04-21-2007, 04:56 AM
I'm sorry about the dogs Marie, it would hurt me too!

Ardan
04-21-2007, 05:49 AM
Sorry to hear this, Marie. It would be very difficult to do.

Keep looking forward:)
Ardan

brewmaster15
04-21-2007, 06:47 AM
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(-al:(

AmberC
04-21-2007, 07:03 AM
I am so sorry Marie :( :( :( http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_104.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYIYUS)

fishmama
04-21-2007, 07:20 AM
Oh, so sorry to hear that Marie. But it sounds like you really love these guys and are doing what is best for them. Take heart in the fact that they will be well cared for and loved in their new home too!

Condor
04-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Sorry Marie....

LizStreithorst
04-21-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm sorry, Marie. I know it's tough. The dogs will be fine. These breed rescues are wonderful. There's nothing much any one can say to make it easier, though. Hang in.

wolfbane
04-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Marie, you are a brave and giving person. You have thought of your dogs welfare and made it possible for them to enjoy their lives with someone who truely wants to have them. Newfie rescue sounds like a top-notch group, you can rest assured (later) that your babies are going to "pick o' the crop" homes.
{{{{hugs}}}

dragonlover
04-21-2007, 02:54 PM
I am really sorry. That will be a tremendous loss for you. The family who receives them will be very lucky. Echo and Shamu will make their lives as happy and wonderful as they made yours. The sacrifice you made will spread the unique joy only Echo and Shamu can provide. I know this doesn't help, words can't, but I feel for you.

Kindredspirit
04-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Each one of you made me cry....every post and now I can not stop...I could hardly come to this thread ~ I know Connie can not .....

Tomorrow is the day for us ~ we take them in the morning ~ The foster home they are going to, the lady is a Vet so that is a good thing...Monday they get heartworm testing and updated shots and Shamu's eye surgery schedule ~

They know...God, they know something is amiss ~

Today I sold my discus I raised for two years and Amber and I walked out of that house just in tears....over F* fish....

How in a million years am I ever going to leave my Newfies??

poconogal
04-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Marie, hang in there... I know what you're feeling...

Kenny's Discus
04-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Marie, give me a call later on today when you get a chance please.:o

Kenny

Beth
04-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Oh Marie :(
I'm so sorry to hear this... there has to be some comfort in knowing they'll be well taken care of.... it may not feel that way right now. If you want to talk, just give me a call.

Beth
985-725-0866

phidelt85
04-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Marie, you've really touched me. Hell, you made my eyes well up and get butterflies. Being the owner of my cherished Lab, I can certainly empathize with you and your family in what you're doing. I hope today goes ok for you; you'll definitely be in my thoughts. Rest assured that they will be taken good care of as you have chosen a very good way of finding them homes.

fishmama
04-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Hang in there and be brave...there is a family that you will be bringing joy to! Concentrate on the gift you are giving...

swinters66
04-22-2007, 10:49 PM
OMG Marie I am so sorry you have to do that....you gave them a great home, and now this woman will too...

tpl*co
04-23-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm so sorry Marie :(. Take comfort though that you're doing the right thing and thinking what's right for them and you. They'll get the medicine and operation and they'll screen for another good home for them.

Of course doing the right thing doesn't help make the pain go away any faster though :cry:

Tina

Darren's Discus
04-24-2007, 01:08 AM
Hi Marie,

how you going ? hope you are keeping well and keeping your chin up.

take care

Kindredspirit
04-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Marie, give me a call later on today when you get a chance please.:o

Kenny

Thanks for the call at 5:30AM.....I knew it was you calling me the day of.....:)

Oh Marie :(
I'm so sorry to hear this... there has to be some comfort in knowing they'll be well taken care of.... it may not feel that way right now. If you want to talk, just give me a call.

Beth
985-725-0866

...and I will Woman....call you soon ~ I miss you both a lot....

Marie, you've really touched me. Hell, you made my eyes well up and get butterflies. Being the owner of my cherished Lab, I can certainly empathize with you and your family in what you're doing. I hope today goes ok for you; you'll definitely be in my thoughts. Rest assured that they will be taken good care of as you have chosen a very good way of finding them homes.

You are too sweet Jose....thank you ~:)

Hang in there and be brave...there is a family that you will be bringing joy to! Concentrate on the gift you are giving...

I tell myself that every min of every day ~

OMG Marie I am so sorry you have to do that....you gave them a great home, and now this woman will too...

It has been horrible ~ last night at the old place, we found some Newf books, to pack and framed pics....I lost it.

I'm so sorry Marie :(. Take comfort though that you're doing the right thing and thinking what's right for them and you. They'll get the medicine and operation and they'll screen for another good home for them.

Of course doing the right thing doesn't help make the pain go away any faster though :cry:

Tina

I got your message Tina, thank you.....:)

Hi Marie,

how you going ? hope you are keeping well and keeping your chin up.

take care

Okay....actually not really.