PDA

View Full Version : finally doing planted discus tank

DarkDenizen
04-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Hello,

My name is Chuck. This is my first post. I have been keeping fish for probably 15 years now. I have always dreamed of a planted aquarium and discus. Well, I am finally doing it.

So I have a 75 gallon tank that I am now seting up. I have an Eheim Pro II 2026, coralife aqualight 2 x 6500K / 2 x 10000K, flourite substrate, UVS, automated CO2 injection.

The tank is set up andcycled. I have ordered plants and am awaiting shipment. I have welaby wood to work into the aquascape. My plans for fish are otocinclus, cardinal tetras, and of course discus. They will be added in that order. Each new addition after I know the tank is stable from the last. My current temp is 82, I will build up to 84 once I have plants, and parimeters are set to what I want. KH is low, under 100 ppm, GH is about 140ppm. PH will be set to 6.5.

I have been looking at fish on aquabid LarryP and majesticaquatic. I have been thinking about red spooted greens or some blue variation. There will be probably 6 discus total to grow out. I was thinking maybe some shrimp to, but I'm about at the end of my budget.

So let me know what you think. I will post pictures as I go. I have taken some before pics and will continue as I create my tank.

Also, I am in upstate NY. If enyone is up here and has fish for sale let me know. I'm looking at mail order because of availablity issues.

I'll see you all around here again soon, and look foreward to hearing from you.

Chuck

DarkDenizen
04-21-2007, 09:44 PM
oops, meant to post this in planed tank section. Darn newbies.......

dragonlover
04-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Welcome to Simply! I also have a 75g planted, but am not as high-tech as you. I LOVE to see pics, so keep us updated! Be sure to check the sponsors section here...I know there is someone from NY. I bought my fish from a Simply sponsor and am VERY happy with them. Also, if you look around on this site you will see some pictures of incredible discus from the sponsors. This is a great site with a friendly community, so I don't think you can go wrong with a sponsor.