PDA

View Full Version : Help with id and info??

novice breeder
04-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi Guys,
Can anyone explain what types of discus theses are?
1 powder baby blue
2 red passion
3 peacock red
4 red butterfly
5 lemon green
Any info would be helpful.
Do anyone have pics of theses as adults?
Thanks in advance.

Ed13
04-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Except for the red passion, I've never heard any of these names before. I heard the Peacock red name used befor but , never seen it!

Sorry!

Airex
04-28-2007, 10:51 AM
These are name thats breeders have given to their fishes. Its not a specific type of breed so stating these names wouldnt be able to tell what are they

novice breeder
04-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the reply. I would still like to know how the adult look like. Pics please:D :D :D :D

steve.ryall
04-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Novice, who gave you these names? can they supply the pics, 'then' we can determine exactly what they are. As previously mentioned, many breeders give their own names, but they will all be from one strain or another, not all these commercial fancy names.

Steve

novice breeder
04-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Novice, who gave you these names? can they supply the pics, 'then' we can determine exactly what they are. As previously mentioned, many breeders give their own names, but they will all be from one strain or another, not all these commercial fancy names.

Steve

The guy how is importing them does not want to give the source, that is why i am asking about them.

Greg Richardson
04-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Without pictures this is impossible unless you have a website link to importers source with names there.

These names sound like a cousin of SomethingsPhishy.

Greg Richardson
04-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Without pictures this is impossible unless you have a website link to importers source with names there.

These names sound like a cousin of SomethingsPhishy.

steve.ryall
04-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Thats what I was getting at too Greg. It's like...would you buy a new car without knowing what it looked like, you would at least like to view a brochure, wouldn't you???

Steve:)

Bainbridge Mike
04-28-2007, 06:05 PM
The guy how is importing them does not want to give the source, that is why i am asking about them.

That sets off red flags if you ask me. I would probably look elsewhere.

Mike

alxjss
04-29-2007, 08:30 AM

Wow, real phishy! I wouldn't bite, and i am a noob also! Why wouldn't he want to reveal his source. NOT!!!