PDA

View Full Version : New Camera

Cosmo
05-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Well, went to Best Buy and had a really nice Cannon DSLR picked out. Finally, I'd have a camera with which to take some pics of my fish :)

At $850 though, the wife thought it was too exepensive :mad: so.. she convinced me I should buy a $1,300 notebook computer instead :confused:

Next time I won't take her with me :p

Jim

Polar_Bear
05-02-2007, 11:42 AM
<shrug> I'd rather have the Notebook myself...

<--------- NOT a photographer, but is an IT guy

AmberC
05-02-2007, 12:27 PM
LOL!!! Thats too funny!

White Worm
05-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I Got the laptop first and then the SLR (Nikon). I use the camera more.

poconogal
05-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Jim, that's very funny. Aren't we women persuasive? :D

White Worm
05-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Lol Connie......Persuasive is a nice way to put it!

Cosmo
05-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Connie.. funny how that works isn't it :confused:

I'm more of an IT type than I am a photographer, but the only digital camera we have is crap. Can't get a shot of the fish that isn't blurred :(

I got the laptop partially to plug my guitar rig into for recording music, and also so I could finally sit down and write the novel that's going to make us rich :p

Oh well.. got a great price on the machine I got and having a wireless notebook around should come in handy :)

Jim

PS.. she wanted the computer too so she can shop on the net while I play on our destop computer... jeeez

brewmaster15
05-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I haven't bought either the needed new laptop or the new camera yet....both of what I have are dinosaurs.

.......see I got this problem...anytime I do have money...I wind up trading it in on Discus:(....:D:D:D:D

-al

pcsb23
05-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Jim, think of it this way, you've now got a nice laptop to edit and post pictures you take from you new NIKON camera ;)

......see I got this problem...anytime I do have money...I wind up trading it in on Discus....

-al
:D

alpine
05-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Six months ago I went to Office Depot and bought a nice laptop computer for me , I have not seen it since :) :) . The wife thinks wi-fi its pretty cool...
Next time you go to Best Buy you buy yourself a $1300.00 Nikon or Cannon digital camera .... Fair is Fair....

roberto.

kaceyo
05-02-2007, 10:59 PM
"PS.. she wanted the computer too so she can shop on the net while I play on our destop computer... jeeez"

poconogal
05-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Lol Connie......Persuasive is a nice way to put it! :D :D :D

Connie.. funny how that works isn't it
Isn't it though, Jim?

P.S. - Canon Powershot A530, now about $150 - takes fabulous pics of fish! (I got one for my birthday - I was very persuasive LOL :D )

Cosmo
05-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Connie, care to elaborate on that? :D Anything I could use on the wife :confused:

poconogal
05-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Connie, care to elaborate on that? :D Anything I could use on the wife :confused:

Jim, I just kept complaining and whining about how I couldn't take any good pics of my fish, and how I really wanted to post them on SD, and how my SD friends all wanted to see the pics... then my birthday came, and viola... my new Canon!

Oh, I know... tell her how you passed up buying the LPCS guitar from me so that you could get a camera to take some pictures of your beautiful wife and fish! How's that, Jim????

Ardan
05-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Good story Jim! LOL:D

Ardan

greyhoundfan
05-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Great Story..I bet that laptop takes great pics..

Cosmo
05-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Nope.. the laptop really sucks at taking pics :( :( Well, actually the built in webcam probably would take some, but fish pics would be out of the question...

But then, my new Canon Digital Rebel XTi that arrived yesterday takes GREAT pics :) :) :) :) At least it will once I figure out how to use it in anything other than full auto mode :o

Connie.. I used the "we'll regret not having more pictures of the grandkids, the dogs, and each other when we get older" routine :D Took her to a couple stores where photographer/salesmen showed off some of the pics they took the same camera.... and she agreed :)

Now, if I only still had some money :p

Jim

pcsb23
05-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Nope.. the laptop really sucks at taking pics :( :( Well, actually the built in webcam probably would take some, but fish pics would be out of the question...
A bad workman always blames his tools ;)

But then, my new Canon Digital Rebel XTi that arrived yesterday takes GREAT pics :) :) :) :) At least it will once I figure out how to use it in anything other than full auto mode :o

It must be remote controlled then :D

Connie.. I used the "we'll regret not having more pictures of the grandkids, the dogs, and each other when we get older" routine :D Took her to a couple stores where photographer/salesmen showed off some of the pics they took the same camera.... and she agreed :)
smooth talking devil you :D

Now, if I only still had some money :p

Jim

money? what's that?