PDA

View Full Version : why?..my r/o unit...

rppr21
05-04-2007, 02:50 PM
i got an r/o unit....its name is a merlin form general electic. its make 750gpd. here s the question. why when i use my tds meter its mark arrownd 005 on the meter?...its that ok?...why it dont mark 000?.....is my first time whit an r/o unit. thanks ..Jose

pcsb23
05-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Jose, that sounds just about spot on to me.

Ed13
05-04-2007, 04:21 PM
If I could only afford the Merlin life would be good!!
Some DI after the RO might bring that number to 0, but unless you're running a reef tank don't even bother, 005 sounds beautiful.

Am I correct? Randal, Paul, Russ??/:confused:

rppr21
05-05-2007, 03:35 AM
do i can put the waste line straigt to the tank? because some how the water look kind of white for few minutes. look like very tiny bubles, but when im see from far it look like white water. i test the water for clorine or so , and nothing. why it look white? sorry for that many questions.
Jose:confused:

RandalB
05-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Some DI after the RO might bring that number to 0, but unless you're running a reef tank don't even bother, 005 sounds beautiful.

005PPM is pretty good for an RO unit, even with the margin of error on a TDS meter. Sounds like it's working pretty good to me....

RandalB

pcsb23
05-05-2007, 04:29 PM

Yep DI after the membrane would do this, expensive though ime

pcsb23
05-05-2007, 04:32 PM
do i can put the waste line straigt to the tank? because some how the water look kind of white for few minutes. look like very tiny bubles, but when im see from far it look like white water. i test the water for clorine or so , and nothing. why it look white? sorry for that many questions.
Jose:confused:
Jose, I'm not sure why you water should look white, I normally collect my RO in a storage tank and preheat it which works well and keeps things stable.

RandalB
05-05-2007, 04:43 PM
If it's got bubbles in it, it's full of some kind of dissolved gas. Co2 is usually the one. Let it sit before use. If it has a foul odor (H2S) you'll have to additionally treat it.

RandalB

rppr21
05-06-2007, 02:09 AM
yes i have the famous blue barrel. i see the aged water still on top!....thanks every body i really apriciate!