PDA

View Full Version : how to dissolve metro?

mitchar19
05-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Any tips on dissoliving metro, I just can't get it to dissolve, I've tried crushing it and then shaking it in a water bottle with hot water and no success. I don't have access to RO water either.

AmberC
05-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Hi there..

What I do is I set the teapot on to boil, put the powder in a container (that can take the high heat) and pour the boiling water over it. Stir it up, let it sit for a bit (to cool off and dissolve) and pour it in. Works great!

HTH
Amber

poconogal
05-08-2007, 03:11 PM
I do the same as Amber, only I have an "Instant Hot Water" faucet (which is almost boiling water) on my kitchen sink. I put some of that water into a glass, put the metro dose in, stir it up and it dissolves.

thang45
05-08-2007, 03:18 PM
I do the same as Amber, only I have an "Instant Hot Water" faucet on my kitchen sink. I put some of that water into a glass, put the metro dose in, stir it up and it dissolves.

Me too, hot tap water should do it.

pcsb23
05-08-2007, 03:45 PM
I find the aqua science metro dissolves in warm or even tepid wter, quicker in RO, but it still dissolves easy enough.

poconogal
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Any tips on dissoliving metro, I just can't get it to dissolve, I've tried crushing it and then shaking it in a water bottle with hot water and no success. I don't have access to RO water either.
I just realized you said you tried crushing it... are you using tablets? I have powered metro and I think that's probably what most others use.

mitchar19
05-08-2007, 06:59 PM
yeah, I have tablets, I ordered them from drs. fosters and smith. After I shake it up in a bottle with hot water there is still a lot of sediment left.

Ringo
05-08-2007, 08:03 PM
yeah, I have tablets, I ordered them from drs. fosters and smith. After I shake it up in a bottle with hot water there is still a lot of sediment left.

Thats strange, I ordered mine from Drs F&S and they dissolve quickly in a little aquarium water in a cup. I was surprised that they are the same tablets that we use at the pharmacy.

John

mitchar19
05-10-2007, 07:35 AM
ok, I used boiling hot water from a tea kettle and poured that over the tablets and it dissolved for the most part. However, there is still some sediment lying on the bottom of the aquarium after I pour it in, is this normal?