PDA

View Full Version : NEW LITTLE GUYS!!!

alxjss
05-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone
Just to let u know, i finally got the pics. here are some. Had them in the tank now for about 14hrs> okay, didn't work. Next one.

Tropical Haven
05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Eileen,
Your pictures are not showing up.

alxjss
05-08-2007, 12:20 PM
okay, i will try again. I don't know whats wrong NOW!!! Okay, i no. The picture is too big. I will try to resize it. They are doing sooo much better. Still a little scared but they should be fine. Tested the water. everything is ok.NitrAtes @ 10 BTW, i am still trying to get the pics up.

alxjss
05-08-2007, 01:30 PM
here it is i hope!!! okay, i have more, but need to work on them. now i am taking a knap cause i am whipped. be back soon:D

Tropical Haven
05-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Picture came out just fine this time, they look really nice but are hard to see because they are over shadowed.

mmorris
05-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Eileen - You're such a tease!!! :D :D :D
Martha

poconogal
05-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Awww, aren't they cute!

alxjss
05-08-2007, 03:49 PM
here are more, they r hard to get pics. they just want to hide nowhere. I will try to get better pics, just for u guys because uve been awesome:D Try and be patient. These guys don't no what to do. I am getting there!

alxjss
05-08-2007, 04:05 PM
another, fthese r the other fish i got from Cary!

alxjss
05-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Heres another one, i think i am getting it. I also took more pics, will see!!!:o

pcsb23
05-08-2007, 04:24 PM
ah, now the journey begins :D Nice looking fish Eileen.

alxjss
05-08-2007, 09:57 PM
ah, now the journey begins :D Nice looking fish Eileen.

wow, thank u Paul for your response! I feel privilaged:o Yes, the journey has started and now its gona be alot of work, fun, and adventure. I think it is cool the way they just stop in there tracks and are absolutely still. Only fins moving, barely! The way they skate... learned something new, thanks Ryan. I think that is cool also. The way they hide, yet peck @ e/o to move out of the way. The way they look @ u and wonder who the H u r, and what happened to Cary? They r healthy, happy, and so far, well fed. I feed them cbw's first thing this morn,, then tetrapro flakes, then fbw, they forgot they were scared for them. Tried chix heart, no, didn't like that. Did a water change and they r done for the nite.
Just got my eheim fish feeder, my prazi pro, new python, tetra bits, yes 2 giant cans w/ code for 5.99, yeahhhh!
I can not thank all of u enough 4 bringing me thru this awesome experience. Hopefully, it will be a good one!!!
Here r some pics i took just a few min. ago!

Tropical Haven
05-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Nice fish Eileen, I know that you will do a great job with them. :D

Camden
05-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Soon you'll be taking more pics of your fish then you would of your fristborn child heh :) Beautiful Fish! Congrades! Do they go inside the PVC pipe? I didn't think discus liked cave like structures like other chilids.

alxjss
05-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Soon you'll be taking more pics of your fish then you would of your fristborn child heh :) Beautiful Fish! Congrades! Do they go inside the PVC pipe? I didn't think discus liked cave like structures like other chilids.

Yes, they actually do. I sat there and watched them for about a half hr and yes, they were like kids in a playground, real cool!

AmberC
05-08-2007, 11:45 PM
They look great Eileen! Congratulations :D

On the topic of "place to hide" from the other thread.. I see you've got sponge filters in there so they have a place to hide so really you dont have to add anything else unless you want to :)

Amber

alxjss
05-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Yes Amber, u r right. Now i put that pvc pipe thingy inthere, and it is kinda like bringing kids to a play ground. They don't hide, they swim in and out and around and they r coming around, only 2 nites and 3 days:p

alxjss
05-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Okay, the problem now is they run and hide when I come in the room. They use to stay out, but now nope, they swim fast to the other side of the tank, then, dart back to behind the filter. I don't spend as much time w/ them like i did when i was on vac. I don't have them in the Living rm where I want them. I have them in the spare rm off the main hallway. I was thinking of moving them to the 75 gal.(bb) of course. I can clean it out and put the others in the 55. Do u think that will be okay or will the 75 be too bigh right now. @least i will be able to have them where they can hear the tv, see it and be able to be in the "spotlite". I can do this on Sat when i don't have to work. Please tell me that it will be ok:confused:

Kindredspirit
05-16-2007, 09:30 PM
I would move them, Eileen ~ Don't tip toe around them....IMO I would put them in the center of all the activity in the house....the living room you said? Every chance you get make your presence known....sit in front of the tank a lot ~ Remember if you give them a place to hide they will! Hiding was never an option in my tank ~ not even behind any sponge or cave ~

They had no choice but to be social:)

Oh, and relax:D Sometimes I see me in you!

Camden
05-16-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't have them in the Living rm where I want them.

My living room has become my fish room. Its sad when you have to position your couch a weird way because your walls are lined with tanks. heh I think I need professional help.

alxjss
05-17-2007, 05:43 AM
I would move them, Eileen ~ Don't tip toe around them....IMO I would put them in the center of all the activity in the house....the living room you said? Every chance you get make your presence known....sit in front of the tank a lot ~ Remember if you give them a place to hide they will! Hiding was never an option in my tank ~ not even behind any sponge or cave ~

They had no choice but to be social:)

Oh, and relax:D Sometimes I see me in you!

I don't tiptoe, but like i said, they don't get all activity because they r in the spare room. SOOO shld i move them to the liv.rm in the 75 gal, or just leave them? In the meantime, i will take out the pvc pipe. Hope not to be too paranoid, can't help it, i just want them tobe outstanding, like urs!!! Ok, see, i didn't see it where u said to move them, paranoia, the destroyer!!! Sorry marie:)

AmberC
05-17-2007, 06:50 AM
I don't tiptoe, but like i said, they don't get all activity because they r in the spare room. SOOO shld i move them to the liv.rm in the 75 gal, or just leave them? In the meantime, i will take out the pvc pipe. Hope not to be too paranoid, can't help it, i just want them tobe outstanding, like urs!!! Ok, see, i didn't see it where u said to move them, paranoia, the destroyer!!! Sorry marie:)

Yeah.. the first batch I got was in my bedroom in my 55 gallon, the second was in the living room in my 125. The ones in the living room got used to my daughters (5 and 2) bouncing around a lot quicker. The others ones took much longer because they were out of the main room.

Amber

alxjss
05-17-2007, 02:59 PM
okay, move them they shall! I will move them on Sat!!!