PDA

View Full Version : Mom is getting beaten up.

Derock
05-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Which one should I remove? The mother has been pushed around by the father both seem to have fry around them...more the mother though. Any ideas??

dandestroy
05-14-2007, 11:32 PM
my female gets pushed a bit, but I decided to wait a few day and everything got better.

so unless its real bad I would leave them together.

Its hard to pick which one to remove, you could think of pulling the female to give her a rest since she is the one making the eggs, or the male since he is the aggressor.

The best is to try to find which one is taking care of the kids better, maybe there is one that does not like having the little picking at it... you have to observe and find out if there is a reason for your male behavior... doing so will help you chose which one to pull if you do so.

Tropical Haven
05-15-2007, 09:07 AM
I would go with which ever discus the babies tend to go to more. If it is the male then place the female by herself, if its the female then place the male by himself. Even if the female get beat up a little bit it won't hurt to have her in with her babies, she will still heal fine eventhough they are still feeding on her.

AADiscus
05-15-2007, 03:25 PM
I would pull the female. Put her in a community tank for a little R&R while daddy raises the fry. You don't want them to get stressed out by getting pushed around or fighting.